Zoom unavailable in premium service

It would be really helpful if you’d provide the following information so our engineer colleagues can identify and solve your problem sooner.

Which device has the problem? Viewer or Camera
Device Model Name:
OS Version:
AppVersion:

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

I don’t know which is a problem I’m using a coolpad for the camera and a LG aristo 2 as veiwer

Continuing the discussion from Zoom unavailable in premium service:

I’m using a coolpad for the camera and a LG artisto as the viewer

December 5, 2018 7:47 PM (Europe: Paris), December 5, 2018 10:47 AM (America: Los Angeles)

Hi,

Thank you visiting Alfred Center!

We tried our best to make the feature work on as many devices as possible. However, there are still some technical difficulties we were not able to overcome.

The Zoom is not available on all devices and/or lens. In most cases, this happens because the resolution of the camera sensor is too low (for example, the front-racing lens on older models).

We took a look at your camera devices, and we found out that one of your cameras, the coolpad, might not support the Zoom-In feature because of the resolution limitation. However, you can try to set Alfred Camera on other devices to see if Zoom could work successfully. From what we can see, the other camera of yours should be able to use Zoom! Can you move the camera at places you want to use Zoom the most?

In the meantime, our engineers are working hard to break the limitations and optimize the Zoom feature. Hopefully, Zoom will be available to more devices in next major update. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned.

We also found that your Cameras tend to run on battery. Devices running on battery often enable power-saving mode and reduce WiFi reception capacity. To ensure continuous surveillance, we suggest you keep your Cameras plugged in.

Hope this helps!