We get these questions a lot too. Let’s answer them here.
About the storage of videos, we thought about saving them on the Camera devices, but most Camera devices used by our users are old/retired/second-hand/budget phones that do not have a lot of memory. Besides, if the videos are stored on the Camera device, video evidence can be damaged if the Camera is taken away by thieves or burglars.
We thought about storing the videos on the Viewer device, but a large number of our users have more than 6 Camera devices, so the Viewer device can easily run out of memory too.
At this point, the videos are stored in the cloud, and secured by your Gmail account. You are the only person with access to the videos. You can find them in your Event Book:
Information security has been Alfred’s top priority. By default, your connection is private. Alfred has established strict policies and technical barriers to prevent unauthorized access to your data. How? With the support of top-tier cyber security mechanisms— W3C, Google, Android, and Amazon— Alfred is equipped with the most advanced protection.
Here are the reasons why Alfred is your top choice for secured surveillance:
- The video/audio streams in live communication are encrypted by industry standard 256-bit AES encryption.
- With Google authentication, Alfred provides the strongest security for your account. Google verifies identities when you log in on a new device or different locations, to ensure no one is breaking into your account and raise your security awareness.
- Alfred uses industry standard OAuth2 scheme for user sign-in and no password is kept at one Alfred’s server.
- Alfred secures your data in point-2-point transit. Unlike other surveillance apps, Alfred enforces HTTPS and highest possible TLS level for all communications with our service backend and/or other 3rd-party service providers to encrypt your video. It prevents your video from being hacked between the 2 points in the network.
- Your user data is stored securely on Amazon S3, the most secured clouding storage in the world with the highest-quality encryption technologies.
- Each Alfred server API call uses a reverse proxy. The transmission takes an extremely short time and is protected by users credentials.
Warning: Since you are the only person with access to the videos, once they are deleted, we cannot recover them. To SAVE them, please follow the instructions here:
Thank you for this valuable question that gives us an opportunity to show you how Alfred chooses his partners to enhance security and present his confidence in information security.