What happened to Very High sensitivity setting? Android kitkat galaxy s3 mini as viewer, latest app version installed. Had very high setting on earlier app versions: now disappeared and camera motion detection not as good :(

motion

@richeedee. App version 1598. Only three motion options. So don’t panic or try fiddling with it.

Hi @richeedee,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

Regarding your inquiry about the very high option for motion detection, we have identified it is leading to performance and stability issues for some users that we were not able to detect during the development period. Before we figure out the most viable solution to address our users’ needs on this matter, we decide to remove this option for the time being. We are very sorry for any inconvenience if you are already depending on this option for your day-to-day use.

The team has been actively working on improving our detection algorithm for a while. In the coming months you will see not only bringing the proper sensitivity but also more intelligence which we believe it could greatly bring much better usability for the feature. Please stay tuned and continue to support Alfred!

Thanks Luke for your response. I look forward to seeing the improvements.

Are you saying in the last 3 days you removed the very sensitive setting? That means I can not upgrade! My camera does not start until you are halfway through the room if set on high sensitivity. I keep both of mine on Very sensitive and it works perfectly. Now you removed it and the service will be ineffective for me!

I will not pay for a service that can not be set sensitive enough to work properly.

Please put it back, and tell people to turn sensitivity down if they have trouble!

This sucks! :rage:

I wholeheartedly agree with the poster above. Please make the default option “intermediate” or something, but please don’t disable the high option for everybody.

I’m using a Samsung S7 (not a exactly a weak phone or bad camera) attached to a door peephole and it won’t detect anything at all, losing all purpose. If I stand before the door and move wildly the only thing that happens is that the camera loses focus and doesn’t recover it unless I restart the app.

Kinda takes the sense away from paying for the premium option and unfortunately I can’t wait a few months for this to work, I’ll re-evaluate if Alfred satisfies my needs as a customer.

Thanks.

Another vote to bring back high sensitivity camera done not detect motion unless very close to camera making virtually useless in the current state, is their any way to roil back to a previous build?

I discovered at least for know I could enable it from the web interface https://alfred.camera/webapp/

@jsaffellus nice find. Did it improve the situation ?

Hey! LUKE!!! You’re not listening, or answering! Don’t you care that you screwed up thousands of people with removing the “VERY SENSITIVE” option? I hope you realize for every person who takes the time to complane there are more than 1000 people who feel the same way!

I see 5 complaints here alone in a couple days! You better take us seriously!!!

Hi @merrimantest,

Thanks for reaching out!

Since we offer the “Very High” option for last couple months, stat has shown a negative trend prominently leading to performance and stability issues. After carefully discussing any viable solution, we eventually make the decision to remove the option for the time being. Not an easy call. We are very sorry for any inconvenience if you are already depending on this option for your day-to-day use.

Our engineer team is doing their best to optimize the performance of the Camera Phone. Before long you can expect more intelligent motion detection with Alfred in the near future. At the moment please try to mount the Camera a bit closer to the place you would like to monitor and see whether that meets your needs. Hope it helps and please stay tuned!

Unfortunately for me, I decided to pay for a years subscription just as High Sensitivity was removed, and now have no motion detected at night, not even cars going past thr front. Beforehand I could see everything including people. Please refund my account ASAP as it just does not work for me now.

Bring back very high sensitivity …

Please listen Luke, Many old phones that your company actually recommends using do not have very good cameras. If they are to do a good job, they need the very sensitive setting. I think you can agree with that.

Here is a fairly easy solution to fix the trouble.

Put a seperate button that must be selected to activate the option to turn on very sensitive setting switch.
Get it? Have the ‘very sensitive coding’ in a code fragment that must be activated in order to turn on the option. So the code fragment remains inactive until purposefully activated. (camera restart required) Make everyone read and accept the statement that it “MAY” cause instabilities. “Use at you own risk” Make sure you say in the warning “This fix is for older phones with poor cameras, if your camera is doing an adequate job on the high setting, DO NOT USE THIS SETTING!” Then if they have problems they can easily turn it off and restart the app. When turned off, the code fragment goes dormant when restarted, app restarts clean without ever running the code fragment.

That’s how you don’t screw us poor guys with older crapier cameras!

If you are a programmer I’m sure you realize, this is a one day fix. Do it, and I will buy a year in advance! As soon as I see it working again!

By the way, I was wondering, is the instability that people complain about with the very sensitive, is it that the camera records all the time when nobody is in the room? Is that the problem? Do you realize the motion detection on very sensitive is triggered by changes in the ambient light? If clouds go over when set on very sensitive is sees the dimming of the light as movement. Mine records all the time when the clouds go over. It records about 5 second clip and stops. It does it all day when it is partially overcast because the sunlight is coming into the room.

I bet that is the whole problem with very sensitive setting, isn’t it?

To test this idea, close the curtains, and turn on the lights, it will stop happening if that is the trouble.

Please bring back the very high sensitivity, for me my house is not secured at all without this option. Please please please…

Hi @merrimantest,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm decides if there has been “movement” by comparing one frame with the next. As a result, light/shadow changes could indeed trigger recording.

Alfred is dedicated to making the Motion Detection algorithm smarter by detecting specific movement. Before that becomes a reality, please try a different Camera setup.

Please listen Luke, Many old phones that your company actually recommends using do not have very good cameras. If they are to do a good job, they need the very sensitive setting. I think you can agree with that.

Here is a fairly easy solution to fix the trouble.

Put a seperate button that must be selected to activate the option to turn on very sensitive setting switch.

Get it? Have the ‘very sensitive coding’ in a code fragment that must be activated in order to turn on the option. So the code fragment remains inactive until purposefully activated. (camera restart required) Make everyone read and accept the statement that it “MAY” cause instabilities. “Use at you own risk” Make sure you say in the warning “This fix is for older phones with poor cameras, if your camera is doing an adequate job on the high setting, DO NOT USE THIS SETTING!” Then if they have problems they can easily turn it off and restart the app. When turned off, the code fragment goes dormant when restarted, app restarts clean without ever running the code fragment.

That’s how you don’t screw us poor guys with older crapier cameras!

If you are a programmer I’m sure you realize, this is a one day fix. Do it, and I will buy a year in advance! As soon as I see it working again!

Hi @merrimantest,

Old phones with “High” sensitivity should be able to do a good job on recording motion events from our test. Surely we will consider making other sensitivity option in the future. Please stay tuned and continue to support Alfred!

Why don’t you actually read all the posts hear? You ignore your paying customers! BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Hi @damonbatesr,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please go to your Viewer Phone, tap the wheel icon on the top left corner of the Camera thumbnail, activate Auto Low-Light Filter and see whether you get the same result at night. Alfred’s Low-Light Filter needs a little light to work. Please find some tips for optimizing its performance here:

In the meantime, please check out the link below if you would like to make a refund:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7205930

Hope it helps! Keep us posted!