Viewer connection dependent on low latency? Implications for long distance travel

It would be really helpful if you’d provide the following information so our engineer colleagues can identify and solve your problem sooner.

Which device has the problem? Viewer or Camera
Device Model Name: camera is pixel XL, viewer is pixel 3, or web viewer
OS Version:
AppVersion: 1954 (current latest)

I set up Alfred before traveling internationally. At first it worked great. I got motion detection notifications, could watch recordings and could live connect. Then quite suddenly, all this stopped. I consistently get a 7001 code when trying to view live, and no motion events have been recorded for weeks (whereas previously I would get multiple per day, often from shadows and light changes). I was able to remotely update the app version during this time, but that didn’t change anything. On the camera end, things look ok. Health checks presently show mostly green (connected), with a few blocks of 1-2 disconnects. Battery and wifi strength look good.

For the past couple of weeks I’ve been in another hemisphere. However, even in capital cities, where I have a good network connection (both mobile and wifi), can watch YouTube etc, I get the 7001 code. I’m now wondering if Alfred needs a low latency connection between the viewer and camera, and not just a high bandwidth connection? If so, then potentially trying to view from the other side of the planet might be impossible (as the minimum round trip time for any network is bounded by the speed of light).

Can anyone on the Alfred staff please provide specifics on the requirements on the network connection for the viewer in terms of

1. Latency of connection to the camera
  2. Latency of connectivity to Alfred’s servers
  3. Speed (eg in Mbps)
  4. Ports which must be open to which protocols

If there is an effective maximum viable distance between camera and viewer, it would be helpful to me and others if you’d post it, so I could stop spending time trying to debug this situation until I’m back in country. Also, perhaps travelers just shouldn’t attempt to use this product to keep an eye on things at home.

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

1 Like

Hi Aaron,

Please continue the discussion with us here:

This seems to be very interesting. it can be used for securing your data more precisely. hope to see something just interesting like this.Swamp Cooler

Hope you will be able to resolve this problem very fast and please also give us an idea on how you are gonna do it. By the way I have an interesting material for you, please have a look at best Graphic Designing Services.

Dry cleaning is called where no water is used in the process, it is not technically dry. When you take your clothes to the dry cleaner, the first step they will do is pre-treat any stains with the help of a chemical agent, similar to how you treat your stains before washing at home. How Dry Cleaning Works

The first and Main step to more confident speaking skills a lot of listening. Every time you are communicating with someone in English. If you are searching for the best learning institute then you can contact English Speaking Course Online. We come up with new and innovative ideas.