Video clips never longer than 5 sec

No I haven’t tried that. I assumed that the reminder uses the gps on my viewer phone, and I don’t want that. I will absolutely give it a try now that I know that it works with same network policy.

However, this will not be a perfect solution for me, since I have two different wifi networks where the camera phone is using a specific one for reasons that are to complicated to explain here. :slight_smile:

EDIT:

OK, tried…but the option is grayed out…:confused:

1 Like

Hi @Flintstone
Thanks for getting back!

If your networks are like these, Alfred’s Motion Detection Reminder can still work. But if they are completely different, then Alfred’s reminder isn’t that smart yet.

Hey, would you please show us a screenshot of your setting page where the reminder option is grayed out? We at the lab cannot find any way to gray it out so we really need more clue from you. Thanks a million!!

We don’t want that either. :slight_smile:
We should find a place to clarify that to more users. Thanks!

Here is a screenshot of the settings page with the option grayed out (sorry it’s in Swedish):

I did update both phones to latest iOS and Alfred is version 1.6.0 (build 292) on both. I restarted Alfred app on both, but the option is still grayed.

Motion Detection Reminder is not available on iOS cameras yet.

Oh, how did I forget that? I’ll make sure that you are the first to know when it is ready. Stay tuned!

It shows that your Motion Detection sensitivity is set at Low. Maybe that is why the video clips are short. Would you change the setting and see if the algorithm detects more movements and continues the recoding?

1 Like

Haha! Well, then I won’t have to keep trying it enable for a while. :smile:

I’ll try to change the sensitivity setting, but as I recall I got a lot of false alarms on higher setting due to light changes.

1 Like

Greetings,
I appear to have a similar problem with the short video clips when I first click on my device in the web browser despite my device viewing a constantly moving object (i.e. ceiling fan).
I have an LG-K7 Android Phone with the Free App downloaded today (09-08-16) at google play.

Please advise!
Thanks!
Joe

Hi @angelgeeks,

Thank you so much for downloading Alfred and joining us at Alfred Center!

Theoretically speaking, if something is constantly moving, Alfred should record almost continuously and break the movement down into multiple Events. If this is not what you are experiencing, you can always show us some links to some Events so we can take a look at what you might be able to do to improve the performance!

Hello Sunny,
Could you please provide a link to a video step by step guide for doing all that you ask?
I’m not even sure how or where to go to do what you’re asking me to do.
Where do I go where I can have full access to the video clips?
Where I can actually download clips and use save options, etc. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @angelgeeks,

Could you check this post out to find out how to create the links?

If you want us to try to figure out what might not be working with your Motion Detection, sending us a couple of links would suffice.

If you want to download the file to your device, please open the link with Google Chrome, long press the screen, and then you will see the option to save the video.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Hello, there is already a solution to the problem
with me it is still only 5 sec shots .

Happy New Year

Hi @rbseacret,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm determines how long the recording is depending on the movement. In order to keep you notified as soon as something happens, the recording is kept at a length between 5 and 30 seconds. If the movement continues, it will be broken into multiple clips.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

A very easy solution to this problem. One that shouldn’t have to be used in the first place because Alfred should be able to do it but you can download another app(screen recorder app) and that app will record everything for you and you can even set it to record while the screen is off and it will record until you have no memory left

2 Likes

How can I change the setting

2 Likes

There is no feature in this to record full day continuois video like cctv. I can not see back.

Hi Omkar,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

Alfred does not record 24 hours a day. Instead, Alfred captures recordings when there is movement. All your videos are temporarily saved on Alfred’s cloud. They will be automatically deleted after 7 days.

Please find out how to keep your videos here:

You can also download them to your device/PC:

As for the feature you mentioned, we will look into the possibility in the future. Please stay tuned and continue to support Alfred!

By default, the app saves my motion detected clips for 30 days before being deleted, not 7 days.

Hey @anthonygag1980,

Thanks for sharing your situation with us.

Since you are an Alfred Premium user, your videos would be kept on Alfred’s cloud for 30 days before they are automatically deleted, or until they are manually deleted before the 30 days are up.

Please continue to support Alfred and let us know if you have other questions/feedback!

Sir can you customise this app. As per our requirement. My mail id is omkargoswami123@gmail.com. Kindly repl