Upgrade or kill the camera?

Thanks for the update, Chippy.

Tapping the power button? It seems that the devices tend to lock themselves or fall in sleep mode after the auto-update. Will deliver this message to our team and see if they have a clue.

We are trying not to roll out updates too often unless there are serious defections of current version or new features to present in the next version. We want to make sure you have a better experience every time.

Although we have done many tests before the official release of a new version, we may still have unexpected situations with each update. This is why we encourage users to report back to us as soon as they encounter any problem.

1 Like

Hi Ricardo,
Same today, nothing since 6.00 ish local time last night.
I manually update all devices usually, but the frequency of updates makes this a pain sometimes.
Thank you

2 Likes

I was having a similar issue with one of my android cameras. I enabled Developer Mode and toggled the option “Never sleep while the phone is charging”.

I will post back in 24-48 hours and let you know.

3 Likes

When I saw access denied I wondered what I’d done wrong now! :grin:
Mine are developer too just in case I dropped them or something worse.
Hadn’t thought of that.
Thanks

2 Likes

Well it appears to be working better already. I was not able to update the camera from my computer before unless I tried like 30-40 times lol. It worked on the 2nd try today. The camera did not come back online automatically thanks to the new update, it was stuck on the New Alfred screen waiting for me to tap Check It Out :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We will fix that as soon as possible and roll out an update in our next beta version.

Also, you are one of the earliest to try our new user interface. Don’t forget to let us know what you think about it!

3 Likes

Hi access.
Do you mind if i ask you if you are on paid/free or add free please?
I’m on add free.
It might help the techs.
Best

1 Like

Hi Ricardo, thank you.
I’ve never had an issue with layout. It’s always been very simple and straight forward.
Very easy to use frankly.

So I’ve been a guinea pig!
:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

This morning there was no problem. One phone keeps cutting off outside, have to restart many times. That one I knew about, never knew why.

Anyway, for now it seems stable again. Since you are good with design, perhaps you could come help me with my DIY custom roof rack I’m building :rofl:

Best

1 Like

I am on premium :wink:

2 Likes

Well it appears to be getting worse. Yesterday I had to restart a phone outside. (Known issue). Another inside seems to be following the same path. Each week it seems now. When they do stop, it is sometime around dusk.
Never 2 at the same time.

1 Like

Reset your routers and/or modems, in order too. 1st hop to next and so on.

Do that regularly Lecram. It’s persistent at the moment. I spend more time restarting than getting info.

This happened on another tablet which died last week too.

Thank you

1 Like

Can you post your health check, and all your devices are fully updated? I notice when there is an update and my phones are not updated my cameras start to disconnect, which kinda usually let me know there is an update.

Good Luck

1 Like

Hi Lecram thank you. Yes I try to keep them updated. I use a hotspot, leaving the phones to do what they want can gobble a lot of bandwidth up.
I notice there was an update yesterday. Updating them now which is a pain setting up each device. Especially since one is hidden in a bird house! :grin:
Will get back. Thanks

1 Like

Ps. Health seems fine except for when signal is fluctuating.
Best

1 Like

If you install Teamviewer on your mobile, you should be able to remotely configure, reboot, etc… from the comfort of your living room. https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

1 Like

As long as the fluctuation doesn’t drop below %50, I can’t see their being any issues. Setting static IP addresses for the Cameras too may stop some disconnects for you too.

1 Like

Oh I want this so much.
Please let me know if you I can get this upgrade to my Alfred application.
Thanks.
That would be great.

1 Like

Happened again. This morning I woke up to find that all phones were disconnected.
They all went offline in a period of 2 hours last night, early morning.
Since that time I’ve only been able to get one working.
Others keep stating ‘check interne’ etc. There is no problem, one device I know is in a weaker area. Other than that, everything seems ok, except Alfred.

I haven’t had this problem before. I couldn’t trust it while away frankly.

Best

1 Like

Bugs in new update I think. My Alfred is Alfritz too atm. Time will fix

1 Like