Uncover the mystery for developers: Continuous recording or motion detection videos?

recording

Hi @mypaintednest,

Thank you for reaching out!

Were you in the middle of a live view session when the incident took place? For the moment, Alfred’s Motion Detection does not function during live view sessions.

Also, if your Smart Motion Detection is on, Alfred would prompt you to switch Motion Detection off when your devices share the same network. You might have accidentally switched Motion Detection off that way.

Please read more about Motion Detection and notifications here:

Hope this helps! Please let me know if it works!

[quote=“adlard.matthew, post:7, topic:140, full:true”]
The initial notice and recording is fine, but it would be useful for people to set up a longer recording time if triggered again within a specific time frame, so say 15 seconds trigger again and so recording time also increases to such a trigger event, so double recording time, or option to constant record (5 Min blocks etc) to better guarantee recording actual event and catch what your after.

This would be the best security camera if it functioned like this. Currently I use a Nestcam on a mobile hotspot which costs way to much each month but without having power or Internet available in remote Alaska areas options are limited

I dont have a need for continuous recordering just longer than 5-10 sec other than that i love using the Alfred app

Hi @ellismike1984,

Thank you so much for reaching out!

Actually, we modified the Motion Detection algorithm very recently. After the latest update, you should notice longer recording time on average. Could you give it a go and let me know what you think?

Thanks in advance!

I may like continuous recording on 1 or 2 of my devices but I don’t think it is completely nesesary. I think a longer recording option for motion triggered events would be a better option for my particular arrangement.
For me Alfred provides some assurance of security and may provide some evidence in the case of a crime.

IMO If one wanted complete 24 surveillance then they should invest in the appropriate hardware and security system.

IMO Alfred is a quality product for an amazing service at the right price.

More importantly Alfred makes use of things that may otherwise be junk.

Hi @thanosdestro,

Thank you SO much for the support and feedback!!!

We are definitely thinking about making longer recording time a possibility in the future, but it will take some time. We’ll definitely keep you posted when that happens!

In the meantime, keep us posted if you have more feedback or anything to share!

I would like a longer recording once triggered say one minute. An optional 3 minute record time without holding the record button down would be helpful. I use this as a nanny cam.
A zoom in feature would be nice on the mobile phone app.

Hi @panaturenut,

Thank you for your feedback!

Both longer recording time and zoom are in our development plan. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned!

I use my cam to watch my kids when im unable to while outside playing i had to download another app for continuous recording. The best thing anout the other app is that i save all recordings to my Dropbox or google drive accounts saves me time and money while knowing the recordings are safe and i can go back over them at my own convenience I hope that may be an option in the future

I think the way Alfred is set up to only record motion events is absolutely perfect! I’ve tried other security cameras and it was my biggest complaint, that I would never have the time to actually go back and look through all of it! And plus, the amount of storage that would require and battery is not reasonable to me.

would be handy if someting needs to be checked when movement is constant so motion detection wouldnt be useful

my truck has been broken into a few times so I have my camera pointed out the window. without continuous recording, this app is useless. I’m on the second floor and the app isn’t going to pick up motion as the motion will be in the parking lot and not in my house where the camera is

Continuous recording. That way you can hear what’s happening even if you can’t see it. And so you don’t over clutter storage you should be able to delete unnecessary videos

Hi @121687butterworth,

Thanks for pitching in!

While the option to record continuously is not available for the moment, you can delete the videos you don’t want anytime!

Please find out how here:

https://alfred.camera/forum/t/can-i-delete-events-from-my-phone/641/1

Hope this helps!

I think recording options such as record for specifically selected lengths of time after motion is detected would be a great feature. This would be very useful for recording activity of animals in the yard as once they stop moving, perhaps to eat a tasty snack left to attract them, the video drops off.

A buffering feature that would record the previous 5, 10 or 20 seconds of video before a motion detection event would be great! Especially useful for monitoring things as they approach the camera but may not be close enough to trigger the motion detection at first.

I have a taxi business and we have very few robberies however we do get customer complaints saying that a driver said something that upset them. It would be nice to be able to bring up a certain date and time to see what was done or said. Also I have seen other systems that want to use the device storage if it could be stored on a cloud this app would be perfect for my use.

Thanks for response although I didn’t see it for quite a long time (today) since I posted. I didn’t respond to the question just to get advertisments deleted, but I certainly would appreciate that as I visit ALFRED nearly everyday, (mostly to check on my dogs) and yes, sometimes they could be quite annoying. so if you wouldn’t mind…it would make me love Alfred even that much more! (and I don’t like guys, LOL) thanks Renee!
P.S. I tell everybody about what a great site this is, and how it can help them! LarryBiv

I would love to see an option for continuous recording, because of you’re beginning to watch what someone is doing while in your home you will want to watch all of their actions to possibly see where things were taken out what was actually done. Also if the motion detection recordings were up to 5 minutes long that would be really helpful. You could send the initial 5 second recording of the beginning of detection to alert us when it occurred and then record 5 minute increments.

Hi Kayla,

Thank you for making a wish here at Alfred Center! We appreciate your feedback.

For the moment, Alfred offers Motion Detection that automatically captures video clips when movement is detected. Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm depends on a variety of factors, including the size of the object on the screen, the speed at which it moves, ambient light change, as well as the color.

You are always welcome to send us a link to a Motion Event or even a photo of what you see on the Viewer. That way, we can give you more specific advice. In the meantime, experimenting with different setups could make a big difference.

We will definitely look into the possibility of continuous recording. Please stay tuned!