To Reduce Disconnection Issues for iOS Cameras: Enable "Guided Access"

topic_ios

Has your Alfred ever been dismissed because of notifications from other apps? Guided Access for iOS is the solution!

Protecting Your Family Can Be This Easy!

What is Guided Access?

Guided Access temporarily restricts your device to running one single app. The device wouldn’t react to anything, including pop-up notifications from other apps, or even you (or someone else. Think about your kid’s lil nimble fingers, cat’s paws, or dog’s nose) accidentally touching the screen/Home button.

Why should you enable Guided Access on your Camera device?

Not only does Alfred need constant access to the device’s cameras, he also needs your device to focus. Notifications from other apps could distract your device and disconnect your Camera, which could lead to Alfred crashing (especially because most Camera Phones are old phones. You absolutely do not want especially if you are thousands of miles away!

Here is how you enable Guided Access…

Step 1: Let us show you how!

Step 2: go to General

Step 3: go to Accessibility

Step 4: go to Guided Access

Step 5: enable Guided Access

Step 6: enable Accessibility Shortcut

Step 7: triple-click the Home key

Step 8: tapping Start on the upper right corner

Step 9: set a passcode. You will need this passcode when you enable/disable Guided Access

Step 10: you’re all set! Alfred will be running smooth as silk on your Camera device!

If you have an Android Camera, please activate Alfred’s Passcode Lock feature. We would also like to remind you again NOT to press the power/home key after locking your screen. That could cause a world of problems!

Wanna try out DIY home security? Here’s why you should!

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

"Hiccup in network" disconnects camera connection
Disconnected 7007
日本語:よくある質問
7 Ways to Protect Your Home When You Are Away
Keep Your Android Cameras Safe with Passcode Lock!
Camera disconnects when I leave my house
Status Code 7007: what does that mean?
Camera 7007
Full Video Record and Disallow Manual Deletion?
Lock Screen Ipad2
[Android Camera Only] What if my Camera Unit falls asleep?
Puedo encender la camara desde el reproductor?
Motion detection not working iPhone 6
Camera offline 7007
My two cameras disconnect- wifi is good
Support for background or lock mode
Camera App Frequently Crashes
Motion detection notifications
Does the camera device display have to be set to never sleep?
Walkie Talkie not working consistently
[Android Camera Only] What if my Camera Unit falls asleep?
No passcode lock?
Turning off camera
iPhone that is used as camera goes offline when I leave the vicinity
กล้อง ,iphone
Unable to open ipad mini camera, keeps saying offline
Need help please
Iphone5s stop wifi after turning into standby
What happens to 'Moments' when camera is offline?
Camera phone display blank
All about Connectivity Problems
Iphone goes offline after a day or more
Camera naming on iOS 12 and mysterious disconnects
Alfred running secretly in background of phone - hide app etc
Error 7007 continuously when leaving home
Tengo problemas con todos mis dispositivos
Camera shuts down every time
I got connection Status Codes. What should I do next?
Alfred turns itself off randomly
My phone camera just went offline
Loosing Wlan or Data Connection an does not reconnect
iPhone Settings Impacting Connectivity
Offline 7007
7007 error, how to fix remotely
7007 Error for camera while away
La fotocamera dell'iphone risulta sempre offline
Every time phones are offline (and back to online)
I cannot see my camera using browser
Help asap it keeps saying camera off line why? Uuugghhhhh
Camera will no longer connect
Monitor do Alfred Desliga depois de um tempo conectado
Two Way Talk Fails
Canceling subscription today
Camera stops recording each evening for 8 hours
Disconnected 7007

Guided Access mode is great for using camera

Good idea❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I would like to understand how I can lock my old iPhone?
When Alfred is active anyone can access the phone simply by pressing and holding the screen. How do I lock the iPhone completely when Alfred is active?

Hi @hjmolenkamp,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please enable Guided Access on your Camera Phone:

Once Guided Access has been enabled, Alfred will also lock the menu so no navigation is possible.

Give this a go and let us know if it helps!

Thank’s much for your quick reply!
But do I understand correctly that even when enabling Guided Access, one can still access the Alfred app. In other words, one can see that the camera is on and what recordings have been made?

Hi @hjmolenkamp,

Thanks for reaching out!

Guided access can help you lock the screen with password and keep the Alfred stable from interrupting by other events. People could know the camera is on but they are not able to turn Alfred off unless they have your password to unlock the screen.

Hope it helps!

You asked how to,lock your phone while the camera is actave? Simple… enable phone lock on your camera device … while u have Alfred running on your camera device… push power button to shut off screen… now someone needs a pass code to use your device… ( also Alfred offeres a alternative way to lock your device while it’s being used… read through the options I’ll figure it,out quick… I did in a day

Nice! I was concerned about that so before I found this easy way to handle all of that it literally had to manually muffle, silence, and just literally shut these phones down! Now I can turn the volume buttons back up and get back to surveilling! Awesome tip guys! And thank u for what it’s worth!

Set up a code or lock with your phone with a passcode. DUH

JU.     Ñ.    j.        Ñ

W NN j jKjpu. j. jzu. uS. Jn j. NNN j. WUN. Ñ Nn
:running_shirt_with_sash::radio::bullettrain_side::baguette_bread::calling::train::phone:️:phone:️ me :level_slider::studio_microphone::tv::radio::mountain_railway::trackball::studio_microphone::radio::radio:N. Ujj y. u. JJn jn u
:level_slider:://alfred.camera/forum/t/ i. un. Ñ
Ñ u Uj u j J j j j n. JN UNj. un u. Ñ. j uj b un. j jubin u j ñ.
. No me js INUN. u :euro::studio_microphone::studio_microphone::radio::tv::level_slider::tv::tv:j. j
S. UN u n to-reduce-$!:timer_clock::level_slider::card_file_box:. no de uj ja. N-j -for-ios-:fax::level_slider::studio_microphone::tv::keyboard:️. jj . Ñ. n. J. j. Zz. j j. nn nn un​:prayer_beads::door::sleeping_bed::framed_picture::sleeping_bed::framed_picture::sleeping_bed::framed_picture::dagger::prayer_beads::monorail::mountain_railway::bullettrain_side::bed::couch_and_lamp::bed::framed_picture::door::bed:. j N. N g. NJ. ZU. N Nn j. Ñ. N. :parking:️:studio_microphone::level_slider::level_slider::radio::telephone_receiver::radio::level_slider::level_slider::radio::taurus:️:taurus:️:level_slider::fax::radio::level_slider::studio_microphone::level_slider::level_slider::level_slider::level_slider::level_slider::studio_microphone::tv::studio_microphone::level_slider::level_slider::level_slider::level_slider::level_slider::level_slider::level_slider::vs::vs: :repeat_one::level_slider::heartbeat::level_slider::tv::level_slider::tv::level_slider::tv::level_slider::level_slider::level_slider::level_slider::tv::level_slider::level_slider::radio::studio_microphone::level_slider::studio_microphone::trackball::radio:. U z Ñ. J de. j. j ñ . uzj Zji :studio_microphone::level_slider::wrench:J.:mantelpiece_clock::clamp: :level_slider::hugs: J. N. J. Ñ. j. jJ. . jn. uN. z j. J. Ñ. un. :fax: U J n. J. Jn. UJ j. un. n. j. j u J. ujn u j j uj JS UN un jj. :gem: u. ujs. ju. n. jj. uj. J. U J J N. Un JNU. J. n jNJ N J. n. Jn un No N ju uj N. S N. N. U. N. H. JNJ. U ess

There’s nothing wrong with asking a question if you don’t understand something so why you gotta act like a dick about it? I don’t understand why cocksuckers like you find it so appealing to troll the web making smartass remarks to people who are just trying to learn. Seriously what’s the pay off here for fucking with that guy? Does it add inches to your cock or what?

อยาให้กุแรงกวานี้น…

Summary

I wed conect my sistem

Pero e
P
D

No legal
Z

if it could add inches to my cock i wouldn’t find. but the problem is inches are getting subtracted each time I see stupid questions like this + your response took away another inch.

wouldn’t mind* not find.