Terms of Service
Welcome to Alfred, the service provider that turns your smartphones into home security cameras, with the motion detection and push notification features that alert you whenever something is going on, and allows you to be in the know wherever you are. This page explains the terms by which you may use our online and/or mobile Services, web site, and software provided on or in connection with Alfred’s Services and features (collectively, the “Services”). By accessing or using the Services and by clicking “I agree,” you electronically represent (“sign”) that you agree to the above terms and further certify that you have read, understood, and completely agree, to be legally bound by Alfred’s Terms of Service (this “Agreement”). This Agreement further applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Services (the “Users”). Alfred reserves the right to make changes to this Agreement at any time without notifying you or the Users. As a user, you are solely responsible for reading the most current version of the terms and conditions.
The Alfred team has built a sophisticated and easy-to-use video home monitoring system through your smartphone. We will not request for your personal information unless we are obligated to do so. We will not share or store any personal information unless required for the operation or the programming, by laws, or to conduct product development. We are committed to providing you with transparency into our privacy practices and control over your data in connection with the Services.
Personal Information and Content
We receive and store any Personal Information and Content you enter or upload to our Services. The types of Personal Information and Content collected may include, but are not limited to:
• Camera locations and names, that you are asked to enter and may change at any time.
• Video and audio signals and data are recorded and processed, depending on how you may have configured your Services. This may include Alfred sending you portions of the Content as part of a notification, or analyzing the data to identify motion or other events. If you have recording features enabled, we will capture, process and retain video and audio recordings from your device, of which you will be able to access, for the duration of your recording subscription period.
• You may save and choose to share Content for others to access using the Services. We will collect and store information required for us to save or share your Content.
• We may also draw upon this Personal Information and Content in order to modify and customize the Services to better suit your needs, to improve the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools to enhance usability and security. Under no circumstance will any employee or agent of Alfred ever look at your private videos within your account unless given express consent to do so.
Information we receive from third parties and Cookies
You Are Always In Control
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Personal Information is protected on Alfred by your username and password. We highly recommend that you select and protect your password appropriately, and limit access to your computer and mobile phone to only those individuals whom you trust to prevent unauthorized access to your account and to your Personal Information and Content. Alfred endeavors to safeguard Personal Information and Content to ensure that information is kept private, through physical, electronic, and procedural measures.
Eligibility and Safety
You may use the Services only if you can form a binding contract with Alfred and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, provincial, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Anyone is or under age 13 is strictly prohibited from using the Services. The Services is not available to any Users previously removed from Alfred, whether for violation of this Agreement or otherwise. Furthermore, you represent and warrant the followings:
1. You are 14 years of age or older.
2. You understand that Alfred DOES NOT become involved in transactions or actions between or amongst parties and does not certify, investigate, or in any way guarantee the legal capacity of any party to transact.
3. You are responsible for obeying all applicable enforcement mechanisms, including, but not limited to federal, state, municipal, and tribal statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances, and judicial decisions, any applicable executive orders, including compliance with all applicable privacy protection requirements.
4. You will not use Alfred’s Services or alfred.com for any illegal purpose.
5. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
6. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on Alfred (such as advertising or payments).
We do our best to keep Alfred safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Alfred safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
1. You will not collect Users’ content or Personal Information, or otherwise access Alfred, using automated means (including, but not limited to, harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior written permission.
2. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
3. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any User.
4. You will not post content on Alfred that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
5. You will not develop or operate on Alfred a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content.
6. You will not use Alfred to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
7. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Alfred, such as a denial of Services attack or interference with page rendering or other Alfred functionality.
8. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Agreement or our policies.
You must provide us with your real personal information. Additionally, to further ensure account liability and registration security, you must adhere to the following conditions
• You may never use another User’s account without their permission.
• When creating your own account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
• You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account without your permission, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
• If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our written permission.
• You will not use Alfred if you are a convicted sex offender.
• You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
• If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a username may infringe the rights of a trademark owner).
• You will provide Alfred an email address of which you consent to our use of that email address to send you Services-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail.
You must notify Alfred immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Alfred will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account. You will not provide any false personal information on Alfred, or create an account for anyone other than yourself.
You are solely responsible for any and all consequences of such your actions. You further acknowledge and understand that in the event that you violate these terms, Alfred may permanently remove you from the Services or the site, and depending on the nature and severity of the violation, avail itself of such remedies as are prescribed by law. Alfred will comply with applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, and tribal law enforcement entities pursuant to applicable laws and regulations. You must take responsibility for your actions whilst using Alfred.com and take responsibility for any and all of your actions related to, or resulting from, my use of Alfred.com.
Sharing Your Content and Information
Furthermore, although we always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Alfred, you understand and acknowledge that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them, just as you have no obligation to offer them to us.
Protecting Other People’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same. You will not post content or take any action on Alfred that infringes, misappropriates or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates applicable laws, rules or regulations. We reserve the right to remove any content or Personal Information you post on Alfred if we believe that it violates this Agreement or our policies. If you infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we reserve the right to disable your account when we, in our sole discretion, deem it appropriate. Lastly, you will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on Alfred.
Mobile and Other Devices
We currently provide our mobile Services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees and data fees, will still apply. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable Users in your Alfred groups to sync (including through an application) their devices with any of your Content and Personal Information that is visible to them on Alfred.
Special Provisions Applicable to Software
If you download our software, such as a stand-alone software product or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance and further develop the software. You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license or we give you express written permission.
Limitation of Liability
The Services provided herein are provided “as is” and without warranty of merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or any other warranty, express or implied. Alfred makes no representation or warranty that the Services or the use of Alfred app will not infringe any other patent or other proprietary rights. In no event shall Alfred be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from exercise of the license granted herein or the use of the Services.
Furthermore, Alfred is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the Services, the Alfred app or your possession and use of the Alfred app, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Alfred app fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
Neither Alfred nor its supplies shall be responsible or liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement or terms or conditions related thereto under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory (a) for loss or inaccuracy of data or cost of procurement of substitute goods, Services, or technology, or (b) for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages including, but not limited to loss of revenues and loss of profits. Certain states and/or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the exclusion set forth above may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Alfred and all of its owners, directors, officers, employees, and agents for any and all loss, harm, damage, costs, liability, and expense caused to them, whether intentionally or unintentionally, by my use of Alfred.com, including but not limited to direct or indirect results of violations of any and all applicable laws.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Agreement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we reserve the right stop providing all or part of Alfred to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also uninstall your application at any time.
Any and all disputes, controversies, differences, or claims (“Disputes”) which may arise between you and Alfred hereto out of or in relation to the interpretation or the performance of this Agreement shall be settled between the parties hereto by arbitration according to the Rules of Conciliation and Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce by one or more arbitrators to be appointed in accordance with such Rules, by which each Party hereto is finally bound. The arbitration proceeding shall be conducted in the English language. Either Party may initiate arbitration proceedings at a location selected by the other Party. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any Court having jurisdiction or application may be made to such court for a judicial acceptance of the award and/or an order of enforcement, as the case may be. The arbitral award shall be final and binding upon the Parties.
WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ALFRED WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT ALFRED WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. ALFRED IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING FROM OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
This Agreement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding the Services, and supersedes any prior agreements, whether written or oral. If any portion of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any provision of this Agreement, it will not be considered a waiver of that provision or of any other provision of this Agreement. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement to anyone else without our written consent. All of our rights and obligations under this Agreement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise. Nothing in this Agreement shall prevent us from complying with applicable laws, rules or regulations. This Agreement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Alfred. Any amendment to or waiver of this Agreement must be made in writing and either signed by us or posted by us on the Services. Alfred may amend this Agreement from time to time, at its sole discretion. If we make material changes to the way we use Personal Information or Content, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our Services or by sending you an email to the address you have registered with us. Users will be bound by any changes to the Agreement when they use the Services after they have first been notified of such changes.
We would love to hear from you