Stops recording too early, insted of one long recording there are tens of successive short videos

edit: the android version I use is android1516 not 1518as I thought.

I have a cemera set up. Almost all the moten trigered recordings stops way too early.
There is still a lot of motion going on in the recording but the recording abruptly stops and starts another just a few seconds later. Hence there is a missing part ( a few seconds) betwen the two.

I have the motion detection sensitivity set to high. But it doesnt help.

Is there a way for example to set the minimum length of recording time, and whenever there is new motion detected the counter for elapsed record time would be reset.
This would ensure that a succession of movements would record as a single video not a series of short videos all missing a part in the beginin and also at the end.

If there is a setting that I havent found that would improve this behavior that vould be really helpfull.
Thank you

Below are some requested info:

Which device has the problem? Viewer or Camera? CAMERA
Device Model Name: samsung GT-S6500
OS Version: Android 2.3.6 or 2.6.3
AppVersion: android1516

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

2 Likes

Hi @robotsmiki,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

For the moment, you are not able to set the minimum length of recording time. Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm determines how long the recording is depending on the movement. In order to keep you notified as soon as something happens, the recording is kept at a length between 5 and 30 seconds. If the movement continues, it will be broken into multiple clips.

Hope this helps!

Dear Alfred, can the algorithms be adjusted to start recording sooner and longer? I understand saving in multiple file format however it is missing vital pieces of information both at the beginning and ending of the recordings. Vey frustrating.

Hi @scorpius121,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

The algorithm has been adjusted for a few times over the past year with the goal of recording longer videos. We also have exciting projects at work that will make Motion Detection smarter. Please stay tuned!

Wow the Costumer Service person answering all of our problems of the stupid 5 second recordings look like a mental retarded… learn for Manything App… a thousand times BETTER…

My bike got stolen and you only see the thief watch, approach and then it stops. Really wish it would not cut the essential part of…

Invest in a proper IP camera, do the research.