Share Your Thoughts on Zoom!

I just got the app and instantly wanted the zoom and i have a galaxy 8 active it works really good and very simple to use. Keep those upgrades coming thanks

I pay for the premium and have used the zoom on my Moto E Gen 4. Now its saying zoom not available. Whatz up with that? Please fix

Hi @bill65437,

Welcome to Alfred Center!

We took a look at the logs and it seems that you have set Moto E Gen 4 as a Viewer. Please set it as a Camera and see if Zoom could work. If not, please provide a screenshot so that we can look into it for you.

We also found that your Camera tends to run on battery. Devices running on battery often enable power-saving mode and reduce WiFi reception capacity. To ensure continuous surveillance, we suggest you keep your Camera plugged in.

Please try this for a couple of days and let us know if it helps!

I have used it as the camera and used my LG Rebel, Samsung J1, i phone se, etc as the viewer phone. NOPE it still will not let me zoom in.

Hi @bill65437,

Could you please provide the screenshot when you try to zoom in? In that way, we can identify the issue sooner.

Thanks for the help!

I really like this feature. With teenagers I have old cell phones to spare! Only the newer Androids seem to work with the zoom. I was surprised and impressed by the flexibility. I am using an iPhone as the viewer as well as my laptop. I have yet to be disappointed.

Still on zoom for my moto e4… It tells me that zoom its not available for this camera.

Hi @bill65437,

We took a look at the logs and it seems that your Camera Moto E4 should be able to Zoom. Could you please try it again or reinstall Alfred to see if that solves the issue?

We also found that your Camera tends to run on battery. Devices running on battery often enable power-saving mode and reduce WiFi reception capacity. To ensure continuous surveillance, we suggest you keep your Camera plugged in.

If the situation persists, please provide a screenshot when the error message pops up so that we can look into it for you.

Keep us posted!

Since then I have noticed that I can now zoom I 1.5x on the rear camera but I can do the same on the forward facing camera. AWESOME! Thanks To all of you at Alfred… Keep up the great work.

Ich nutze ein Samsung S 3 als Kamera, die Kamera ansich kann zoomen aber über Alfred geht es nicht.
Sie sgen man kann ältere Handys als Kamera nutzen, aber wenndie nicht älter als zwei Jahre sein dürfen hilft das auch nicht, bin etwas entäuscht.

Hi,

We are sorry that Alfred Premium hasn’t seemed to work as it should for you.

However, we took a look at the logs and found that Alfred running on your devices are not updated to the latest version. Could you please update Alfred on all devices to make sure it works the best? You should be able to Zoom afterward.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ivuu

Let us know if you need further assistance.

It would be nice to be able to zoom in on motion detected recorded videos, catch that burglars face in high res :grin:

Just a suggestion for future releases.

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the feedback!

We will definitely look into this idea. Please continue to support Alfred and staty tuned!

Once the video is captured you only have the data in the clip itself to work with. You can already zoom in on video with certain media players or by enabling zoom on your Android device in settings/accessibility.
Regards.