Share Your Thoughts on WebViewer 2.0!

webviewer

bring back the date and time stamp of last update on the viewer page. so annoying it has been removed.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for providing your feedback!

Do you mean this timestamp on WebViewer’s Camera list?

Generally, all the timestamp of your Cameras should be the same as your Viewer. Could you please let us know why you would want the timestamp back?

Appreciate your help!

Hi Ricardo,

Yes I mean that timestamp. My company blocks the live viewer and so I’m limited to checking on my dog via the static preview image updates on the webviewer. Its really handy to know when it last updated so I know everything is ok at home.

Hope that helps.

Hey Jason,

Thanks for letting us know!

Will tell our engineering team and discuss the possibility of adding the timestamp back.

Before that, if you want to check on your dog and the last updated time, you could go back to the old version of WebViewer:

1. Take a quick check of the website URL to see if you are using the 1.0 one (URL end with “webapp” instead of “webapp2”)
  2. Make sure your browser is updated to the latest version.
  3. Clear the website cache to the day before you’ve upgraded to beta
  4. Log into the Webviewer again

Alternatively, you can open WebViewer in Incognito Mode:
Tap on the upper right button > New Incognito Window > Go to https://alfred.camera/webapp/

Hope it helps!

Low-light ability is poor, also high-contrast scenarios give poor results.

Would like to have “next” and “previous” arrows in fullscreen mode to follow video sequences.

Timestamps on videos while playing.

Is it possible to have a brightness or contrast control while viewing recordings? Some areas are too dark to show detail onscreen, but if brightness could be turned up, they would show.

Motion detection is iffy. Sometimes it detects minor motions well, but sometimes even large motions are missed. I record to see which dog pees or poops on the carpeting. In one video I can see nothing is there. Next video 45 minutes later shows poop. Next video 10 minutes later shows pee near the poop. No recording of anybody doing either one.

Seems that motion detection starts recording some seconds after the triggering activity, so you can’t actually see what triggered the recording. I assume it must buffer the video somewhat in order to detect the motion, so when it is triggered, it should include that buffer to include the triggering activity.

Overall, the app is very useful if it works as advertised, but some of these failings limit its usefulness. The web app is very handy, so you don’t have to squint at a phone to see the recordings or live video.

Hey Alan,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We truly appreciate it.

Alfred’s Low-Light Filter still needs a little light to work. Please find some tips for optimizing its performance here:

You are always welcome to send us a link to a Motion Event or even a photo of what you see on the Viewer. That way, we can give you more specific advice. In the meantime, experimenting with different setups could make a big difference.

Our engineer team never stops working on making the Motion Detection algorithm smarter. If we figure something out, we will try our best to present it to you as soon as possible. Before that becomes a reality, please try a different setup or put it somewhere else to see if the situation gets better.

As for other features you mentioned, we will definitely look into the possibilities. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned.

Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have other question/feedback!

Maybe I’m missing something but I can’t see how to share the camera in the new version

Hi,

Welcome to Alfred Center!

You can share your Camera by adding the account to your Trust Circle. That way, your friends or family members can log in with his/her own Gmail.

Please find out how here:

Hope this helps!

please add Power level % to fullscreen mode seems to be pretty useful on old used phones and their long gone capacity. really like the simplicity in regards of manageing options and ease to set up.

October 21, 2018 6:57 AM (Europe: Paris), October 20, 2018 9:57 PM (America: Los Angeles)

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback! We are going to look into this idea the first chance we get. In the meantime, we hope Alfred has been working well for you! Please stay tuned!

By the way, Devices running on battery often enable power-saving mode and reduce WiFi reception capacity. To ensure continuous surveillance, we suggest you keep your Camera plugged in.

Good so far. I would like to see an easier way to schedule the motion detector. It’s a little buried and I’m not sure if I have to do it on a viewer or on the actual phone.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

For the moment, Motion Detection Schedule is exclusively available for Android version 1658 and up and iOS version 858 and up. Please make sure that both of your Viewer and Camera devices are well updated. We are also working on adding this feature to Alfred’s WebViewer as soon as we can.

Would you please let us know more about how you want us to improve the Motion Detection Schedule? Your feedback would be very helpful for us.

Keep us posted!

The best suggestion I have is to be able to schedule multiple times a day that the motion sensor is on or off. The current setup permits only one on/off cycle per day. I would like to see a configurable schedule that allows for multiple entries.

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the feedback!

We are going to look into this idea the first chance we get. In the meantime, we hope Alfred has been working well for you! Please stay tuned!

Let us know if you have other feedback with Motion Detection Schedule.

In every 2 min its saying connection lost… where are when i check from mobile app i can see the steaming

Hi Gunjan,

Thank you for visiting Alfred Center!

It seems that the connection between your devices very often becomes a relay connection, which is not ideal. In certain situations, it takes too long for such a connection to be established, so it is dropped.

You can read more about a relay connection here:

If possible at all, try to connect your PC/Viewer/Camera to a different network to see things improve. (If you are using WiFi in your company, please try your mobile network. If the mobile network of certain carrier won’t work, please try another one.)

Keep us posted!

Very well done security monitoring app.

@ricardo In the webviewer 2.0 you cannot turn off notifications for one or more cameras. You can only turn it off for all cameras. Please make a setting for each camera.

I cant comment on how good or bad anything is right now because im new and just got alfred on computer and 2 phones. I love what Ive seen and glad my friend turned me on to this!! I feel really dumb right now compaired to all of you after seeing post and views etc. Ill figure it out. this app is awesome