Share Your Thoughts on WebViewer 2.0!

ITS NOT WORKING. I logged on. Sawe the prompt to try the BETA. Now I have a black screen its not working

3 Likes

Hi @jque310,

We’re sorry that WebViewer 2.0 doesn’t work as it should for you.

Please check out the FAQ to see if the problem can be solved.

3 Likes

When you want to look at your captured videos and you scroll down a way to find a date you want to look at, then you pick a time frame, the next window pops up with an X amount of videos from that time frame. If you want to go back and pick the next time frame for that date. The page takes you all the way back up to the current time/date and you are forced to scroll way back down and try to find the date/time you were trying to look at. If you go back it should remember where you were on the date/time page so you dont have to constantly scroll down and try to find where you were looking.

Also in the new video player when you arrow over the volume icon it pops out a slide bar and scoots over the video progress bar. I have tried to click on the start of the video progress bar and the volume slider likes to pop over and interfere with the video slider over and over. Could the volume slider not be made to pop up instead of sliding the video slider over?

2 Likes

I would like to see the option to view videos in ascending order like on the app. Just noticed the ascending feature the other day. Much easier to go right to go forward in time.

Haven’t really used the webviewer so can’t compare the versions.

2 Likes

Just tried to do a download from webapp. Where did it download to? I would like to be able to control its download path

4 Likes

Hi @glutekma @lorax1414,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

We will take your advice into account and look into the possibility of making those improvements in next update of our WebViewer. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned.

As for the question about downloading videos by @lorax1414, please read more about it here:

If you want to control the download path, you may have to change the settings on your browser.

Hope it helps!

1 Like

Being able to watch all my cameras on a single page. Its frustrating having to jump from one to another when Im trying to see predators in my chicken yard!

2 Likes

Open a new tab in the browser and then load a different camera. You can then drag the tab from the browser to make it a new window. Resize them so you can watch as many as you need.

1 Like

Hi @mynaturesart,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We truly appreciate it.

You can actually monitor multiple Cameras at the same time with Alfred’s WebViewer. Please find out how here:

We will also look into the possibility of group viewing in the future. Please continue to support Alfred!

4 Likes

จะเปิดดูทุกน่าจอผ้ายไน่เครืองเดียวได้ย่างไร่คับ

1 Like

I find it is somewhat unstable compared to the Android app - it’s continuously dropping frames and the video appears jittery because of it yet in the app the live view is always smooth. Audio is continuous over both so no problems with sound, just the video. This is over the exact same WiFi connections on both platforms so it’s not the network. The computer I use is a very new HP Probook so it’s not an older machine that’s the issue either.

1 Like

Why is there no siren option in the ios app? I am on ios 11 right now and have the fully updated version.The option is available on android to android devices but not on ios to android devices.Please help!!

1 Like

Hi @songsaknhomminsmos71,

Welcome to Alfred Center!

Could you tell us a bit more about your problem so we can look into it for you? Screenshot or videos can be really helpful. Keep us posted!

1 Like

Hi Randy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Alfred’s resolution depends on a variety of factors, including device model, light, and connection speed. Experimenting with the connection as well as setup could yield a more satisfying result.

We will continue to improve the capability of our WebViewer and bring you a better and more stable performance in the future.

Please stay tuned! Feel free to let us know if you have other question/feedback!

2 Likes

Hi @leedusingh01,

Thanks for joining us at Alfred Center!

For the moment, Siren isn’t available on Alfred’s iOS versions yet. Our engineers are doing their best. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned!

1 Like

bring back the date and time stamp of last update on the viewer page. so annoying it has been removed.

3 Likes

Hi Jason,

Thanks for providing your feedback!

Do you mean this timestamp on WebViewer’s Camera list?

Generally, all the timestamp of your Cameras should be the same as your Viewer. Could you please let us know why you would want the timestamp back?

Appreciate your help!

2 Likes

Hi Ricardo,

Yes I mean that timestamp. My company blocks the live viewer and so I’m limited to checking on my dog via the static preview image updates on the webviewer. Its really handy to know when it last updated so I know everything is ok at home.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Hey Jason,

Thanks for letting us know!

Will tell our engineering team and discuss the possibility of adding the timestamp back.

Before that, if you want to check on your dog and the last updated time, you could go back to the old version of WebViewer:

1. Take a quick check of the website URL to see if you are using the 1.0 one (URL end with “webapp” instead of “webapp2”)
  2. Make sure your browser is updated to the latest version.
  3. Clear the website cache to the day before you’ve upgraded to beta
  4. Log into the Webviewer again

Alternatively, you can open WebViewer in Incognito Mode:
Tap on the upper right button > New Incognito Window > Go to https://alfred.camera/webapp/

Hope it helps!

1 Like

Low-light ability is poor, also high-contrast scenarios give poor results.

Would like to have “next” and “previous” arrows in fullscreen mode to follow video sequences.

Timestamps on videos while playing.

Is it possible to have a brightness or contrast control while viewing recordings? Some areas are too dark to show detail onscreen, but if brightness could be turned up, they would show.

Motion detection is iffy. Sometimes it detects minor motions well, but sometimes even large motions are missed. I record to see which dog pees or poops on the carpeting. In one video I can see nothing is there. Next video 45 minutes later shows poop. Next video 10 minutes later shows pee near the poop. No recording of anybody doing either one.

Seems that motion detection starts recording some seconds after the triggering activity, so you can’t actually see what triggered the recording. I assume it must buffer the video somewhat in order to detect the motion, so when it is triggered, it should include that buffer to include the triggering activity.

Overall, the app is very useful if it works as advertised, but some of these failings limit its usefulness. The web app is very handy, so you don’t have to squint at a phone to see the recordings or live video.

2 Likes