Share Your Thoughts on Voice Assistant Integration!

Hey Superheroes!

Have you tried Alfred’s Google Assistant integration? We hope you like it!

If you have any thoughts, feedback, or experience to share, please do so by replying to this post. Have you tried Google Assistant or any other voice assistant? If so, which one? What is your experience like? What would you like be able to make Alfred do via a voice assistant? We’d love to hear from you!

Build a Smart Home with Alfred x Google Assistant!

it would be absolutely great (and exclusively on your end from phone security camera devices) to ask google assistant to display the camera view on the chromecast, in order to live view the camera.

Please add voice commands like “Show me front door camera” or ”Share garage camera with John Smith”

I was able to connect assistant to Alfred, but whenever I say a command there is an error message. So, it doesn’t work… Unfortunately there are no clues to the cause of the error…

Tried again today. Still doesn’t work. Alfred says that something went wrong when turning off motion detection. I have 4 cameras and turning motion detection off takes too long. Please at least provide a button I can push when I come home so that not tons of alarms are going off all the time…

I too am having the same issue with Google assistant. Alfred tells me an error occurred when attempting to turn on, or off, motion detection.

Hi @steinmh, @xanderfied,

Thank you for reaching out!

After you link Alfred to Google Assistant, please try saying " Talk to Alfred Camera", then say " Turn on/off Motion Detection" to see whether the situation persists. If you want, you can check out more details here:

Hope it helps!

Can I link Alfred Camera to Google Assistant on my Iphone 8+? I don’t see a “Setting” link in my menu options. Iphone 8+ Version 11.2.6 …Alfred Version 1.10.6. a

Hi @giovanni.larramendi,

Thank you for reaching out!

For the moment, Google Assistant only work with Alfred on Android devices. It is something we may develop in the future to make Google Assistant work with Apple Phone. Please stay tuned and continue to support Alfred!

I’m trying to set up Google assistant and it is saying there is an error or that it is confused I followed the instructions what little there were and still cannot connect Google assistant to the Android. I am using the latest Android updates and Alfred updates

Hi @jemersonmcgowan

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

Please try unlink Alfred to Google Assistant and link it back again to see whether the situation persists.

After you activate Google Assistant, tap the Card icon on the top right corner, search Alfred Camera and unlink your account there.

Hope it helps!

Tried that Luke but, still no go. Alfred still says “dont understand”. I can get the assistant to talk to Alfred Camera but cannot connect the two together

Hi @jemersonmcgowan,

Thank you for reaching back!

From the screenshot, it seems Alfred has already connected to Google Assistant. Please try saying " Turn on/off Motion Detection " and see whether it works :slight_smile:

Hope it helps! Let us know if you need further assistance!

It would be awesome to be able to enable and disable the camera. We use one as a doggie cam for while we are at work and currently I have to lunch the app and enable it every morning and disable it every night when I get home. If the disable/enable would be available I think I could setup Google assistant to auto do this for me when it knew I was home. That would be amazing

I have successfully linked Alfred to Google Assistant but it only turns on/off motion detection for 1 camera, not all. I have used “turn on/off”, “arm/disarm” and “cameras” instead of “camera” all with the same result. Any fixes?

It would be amazing to be able to rout motion notifications to IFTTT. Then we could do things like automatically turn on flood lights. Thanks, Alfred is amazing

Sheniqua James @@@[Home Security Tips] Turn Your Old Phones into Security Cameras