Select area for motion detection

Is it possible to select the area for motion detection. I have trees triggering the motion detection when I want to detect motion on a path only.

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

1 Like

Hey @dlaurie5 ,

Thank you for letting us know what you think! We will report your advice to our engineering team.

Motion Detection by Zones is always a feature we would like to offer, but since many factors have to be taken into consideration, we can’t give you a timeline yet.

Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned! Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have more feedback/questions!

1 Like

Hi donyou have some news on this??

I just get the full Alfred app and i was expecting to get that option please could you confirm an estimate time?

1 Like

Hi,

Could you let us know more about why you would want this feature and how important it is for you? We do have considered developing this feature, but each of our versions includes a couple of new features, optimizations, and also some bugs to deal with. This is why we can’t give you the exact timeline.

However, if you are willing to provide more of your thoughts, we will certainly share them with the engineering team. Please stay tuned to future updates.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

1 Like

@guamro1 you may not need zones soon if Alfred gets his Human identification and detection algorithm ( code name for this project is still a secret I’m still waiting for my winning suggestion prize )
Regards

It would be interesting to know who made a survey and which states were analyzed. Sometimes they take just a few areas for study https://areaphonecodes.com/united-states/213. These figures may be confusing if you look at the statistics of the whole country. Therefore, you should take into account all factors when referring to official data. Best of all to take into account data that cover the whole territory of the country.