Scheduled Motion Detection

I like the motion detection feature however there are many times I forget to manually turn it on; and if I keep it on I get too many notifications. It would be cool to have a setting much like the alarm feature in clock apps that you could turn it on by day and time.

Possible to create a schedule?

Exactly. Like a simple calendar (think Google Calendar) where you block out the times you want the motion detection on.

I will say “me too” for this feature.

I agree. A scheduled motion detection options would allow the feature to be automatically activated when I’m at work, for example.

Hey @mark.jordn,

Thanks for joining us at Alfred Center!

While scheduled Motion Detection is not a reality yet, did you know you can switch MD on/off from your Viewer phone? Also, have you tried our Motion Detection Reminder yet?

Please check this out:

Hope it helps!

I really like Alfred. The ability to create a schedule for turning motion detection on and off is the only thing keeping me from upgrading to the pay version.

Agreed. When i leave my house my phone is not something i pay attention to when I’m in the car for safety and other reasons. So depending on where I’m going it might be an hour before i get to my destination and see the notification reminder. A lot can happen in an empty house in an hour

也會想要這樣的功能。讓監控的時間還給使用者。

I agree with this suggestion. This really should be a priority. I started using Alfred and was happy with it overall, but gave up on it because there is no way to set up a detection schedule. Who is going to manually turn motion detection on and off twice a day? Integration with IFTTT could be another option.

I’m surprised this is mentioned as far back as early 2016 and still no such feature :confused:

@kualla make your dream a reality. Vote now.
Let Alfred hear your VOICE! Vote for Alfred’s Next Feature!

I think that is an ERROR to ask for an On/Off Schedule for motion detection feature directly. This way your system is not recording 24/7 events that are happening front your cameras. Trust me! At some point you will need to go to see something that has happened front of your cameras.

IMHO the more clever demand could be an On/off Notifications of motion detection with a schedule.

So the key is Scheduled notifications of motion detection and not a “scheduled Motion Detection!”

I hope my bad english let you understand what I mean.

Thank in advanced.

Example why you want On/Off Schedule for recording and not just alerts; Ex: Every day at 7-8:30 a.m. I change from pajamas to regular clothing, I do not want that time in between that I am changing to be recorded ;D Hope that is not an ERROR?!? Think and consider more next time javiramallo ;]

Yes I agree - this feature is needed - I get spammed with notifications right now which makes it inconvenient

Hi,

You can actually Schedule Motion Detection now with Alfred Premium!

With Motion Detection Schedule, you can establish the routine for Motion Detection with a simple set, and it will work automatically. Go to the office and let Alfred look after your house at daytime, or monitor your own store every night and weekend to prevent theft. You don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn Motion Detection on anymore.

Isn’t that convenient? Try it out now!