Roku? Screensaver?

I would love a roku app screensaver that displays cameras with active movement. Have a chromecast and it works great, but typically use the roku more. Majority of the time at least one of the televisions in the house has the roku screensaver going. I would love to have a screensaver to display Alfred instead of my facebook feed. Some ad revenue potential in this I am betting.

Hi @jmross00,

Thank you so much for reaching out!

We are going to look into this idea the first chance we get. In the meantime, we hope Alfred has been working well for you! Please stay tuned!

Any news yet on getting Alfred on Roku? Thanks!

Hi @danhughesmail,

Thank you for reaching out!

We have no recent plan for this, but we do have some amazing features in the pipeline!

Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned!

How about now?

Devin Serpa

Hi Devin,

Thanks for visiting Alfred Center!

Could you please tell us more about what you think so that we can look into it for you?

Keep us posted!

It’s been a year since the last update on the OP’s question re. Alfred screensaver on Roku.

Is there any progress/plans on this request?

I’d even be happy with an Alfred channel showing all cams, or favorite 2, 4 etc.

If a screensaver is possible, I’d like an option for a black screen with custom font color displaying current time, bouncing around, then if motion is detected, end that screen and switch to display the cam that detected said motion. Perhaps an option to play a custom chime to alert room occupants of that event.

Thank you,

Devin Serpa

Hi Devin,

Thank you so much for the reply!

We’re still looking into the possibility of the integration with Roku. Now we do not have a timetable for the feature. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned!

Group viewing is something we would like to offer in the future. For the moment, you can monitor multiple Cameras with Alfred’s WebViewer.

Thank you again for sharing your idea with us. We will report your advice to our engineering team. In the meantime, please feel free to share your other thoughts with us at any time!

Does webviewer stream a file format that Roku can display? I’d like to make a user channel to display this in my home.

Hi Devin,

We’re sorry that Alfred does not support streaming in Roku yet. You can probably set it up with the right plugins and so on, but I have to be honest with you: projecting live feed/videos that aren’t made for the screen size will probably make it quite blurry.

If you have a laptop or PC, we suggest you monitor from Alfred’s WebViewer. Hope it helps!

I continue to dream of the day that my cameras will display active motion on my idle TVs… Perhaps if I buy a google android TV? does this app work on those? I still prefer Roku.

Hi John,

We’re sorry that Alfred does not support casting yet. Would you like to let us know more about why you want to display Alfred on your smart TV?

We do have considered developing this feature, but each of our versions includes a couple of new features, optimizations, and also some bugs to deal with. This is why we can’t give you the exact timeline.

However, if you are willing to provide more of your thoughts, we will certainly share them with the engineering team. Please stay tuned to future updates.

Looking forward to hearing from you and have a happy new year! :fireworks:

1. It there any better deterrent for a intruder than seeing themselves in 72 inch high definition upon entering my home?

Preferable with a highly visible recording icon.

1. Every room in my house has a television, sure would be nice to see who just knocked on the door (or before they knock)… Hate to run two flights of steps for a FedEx package that could have waited until I was done with my dinner.

2. Middle of the night someone is wandering in the house two stories down… would be nice to glance at the TV instead of heading to the gun safe.

3. Convenience of it just being on the wall, not fumbling with a mobile device.

4. probably more.

Hi John,

Thanks for the insight! We’ll make a note of your needs and discuss the possibility of TV casting with our team. Please stay tuned!

Also, we wish you have a Happy New Year! :slight_smile:

This may not be of help, but I see you are also using Chromecast successfully. You can do the same from a PC (Win 10) by mirroring to a wireless display, which will pick up your Roku. Not direct solution, but a workaround maybe akin to your Chromecast solution? Press windows key and “P” and select wireless display. But obviously requires a (redundant?) laptop / PC to be running as well, and will only project to one screen, not all your TVs…

Like I say, maybe not the solution you are looking for, but it does work.

It also works with the multiple viewer tabs side by side to view as many cameras as your setup can cope with!

Is the PC browser based webviewer designed to refresh the screen for long periods of time? That has not been my experience. This would be a solution, however, after some relatively short period of time the viewer no longer updates.

Use a Chromecast with Google Home App and mirror your phone to cast Alfred to TV