Recording duration

recording

It would be really helpful if you’d provide the following information so our engineer colleagues can identify and solve your problem sooner.

Which device has the problem? Camera
Device Model Name: Pixel 2
OS Version: current
AppVersion: current

How do I set the camera to record for 120s? Currently, it’s recording for 10 seconds at most. I have already purchased the Premium subscription. Basically, I have this camera watching my car. It’s great that it’s detecting a car parking next to mine, but I would like to record the person leaving their vehicle and whether they are dining mine with their door.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Thanks for visiting Alfred Center!

Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm determines how long the recording is depending on the movement. For Free users, the recording is kept at a length between 5 and 30 seconds. If the movement continues, it will be broken into multiple clips.

For Premium users, however, the time limit for Motion Event could be up to 120 seconds. This would reduce the cases where long events are broken into multiple recordings. Once you upgraded to Alfred Premium, the time limit will be modified automatically, so you don’t need to change any settings.

However, we took a look at your logs and found that your Camera tends to run on battery. Devices running on battery often enable power-saving mode, reduce WiFi reception capacity and cause the Motion Detection to malfunction. To ensure continuous surveillance, we suggest you keep your Camera plugged in.

Let us know if you need further assistance.