Receiving motion detected when no motion

I get notifications when there is no motion. I have the camera covered when I am in the room and I still get motion detected notifications. Also get them other times when there is no motion.

Slight light changes, dust moving, bugs moving etc.
It’s pretty sensitive.

Some here like myself use this to advantage by way of security lighting to set the camera off when movement is detected.

Hope this helps.

While I have seen motion alerts set off due to the sun moving behind clouds and wind, etc., I see it go off all the time with zero perceivable lighting change or motion, and yet it doesn’t go off when I pull out of my own driveway and drive by the camera. I also have the motion detection set to low in an attempt to minimize the false flags, but they still happen. I think the motion detection algorithms are flawed and need some serious work.

I suspect it does something similar to the following… compares the rate of change of each pixel (or average of small pixel groups) to a threshold value and then compares the percentage of the entire image that exceeds that rate of change threshold to a percentage threshold. I further suspect that changing the sensitivity only changes the percentage threshold, and this is why very subtle changes to the whole image cause an alert when drastic changes to a smaller area do not.

I didn’t create the phones or Alfred. But I do know it’s sensitive.
Whatever equation you are trying to calculate you’ll fail sadly. Purely because, just like me, you didn’t create it iether either.

Find what works, most of us do.
Best

I got a motion notification, when my hubby pulled in, but he is not on the video

Hi Inge,

Welcome to join us at Alfred Center!

There are two things we need you to check:

Please check your Event Book to see if you can find the recording:

If not, there are two possible reasons that could cause this:

1. Your connection is not very stable.

What Alfred does when an Event is generated is uploading a snapshot first. In a few seconds, the video should follow. If the Internet is cut off before the video can be uploaded however, only the snapshot will be available.

1. Your Camera Phone is running out of internal storage space.

If you want, please write an email to support@my-alfred.com so we can give you more specific advice accordingly! Email with the screenshot or videos can be really helpful. Keep us posted!

Perhaps it wasn’t your hubby? :rofl:
Seriously though, I get this a lot during windy days. Even rainfall will set it off on ocassion.
Did you get it sorted?