Quality of the video

First off I was premium for a long time. For personal reasons I did not renew my subscription for a while. Today before I renewed my subscription I set my phone at the same place where it stays all the time. The video on the screen I recorded was 10x better than with Alfred and no premium. I understand you want to make money and have people pay for premium… but turning a 1080p 30 fps camera into a crappy looking 420p 15fps and saying premium will give it HD which is the default of my camera is a joke. This really needs to be addressed.

Also I still see you have not done anything about short/cut off recordings. It is either a bunch of nothing 5 secs clips to get the motion detection you want, or turning it to medium which doesn’t pick up near as fast or catch all it does on high.

Do not take this the wrong way, I love Alfred, but some changes need to be made.

When I saw my camera quality just using the camera and then Alfred with no premium, it is clear you make the picture worse then we pay to get the quality of our cameras.

Also my camera phone can handle 1080p 30 fps… however Alfred never gets over 15-16 fps.

Yes, I just upgraded to premium because I was hoping I could get better video quality (HD) but it looks the same

@AccessDenied I am hitting 20-24 fps am on the free version and am happy with this. I have tried many options, Apps and programs and this is a high frame rate for this situation.
Quick update. Just did a double check on WiFi and data. 14-15 fps. Should of kept my mouth shut. :zipper_mouth_face:

I’ve just gone to premium to try it for a month.
I’m getting 19-20fps on average but unfortunately, I didn’t check what I was getting beforehand.

But I can’t really notice much difference in quality. However, this could be because the old phone I’m using has a terrible camera.

I probably won’t renew premium.

@mrmchesterton personally I believe they have their pricing structure wrong which I have mentioned before. Buying the upgrade doesn’t improve your camera device or your network speed so offers no benefits to many consumers.

Hi @AccessDenied,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the video quality after upgraded. That’s odd to get the more clear image in Free version compared to Premium. Could you share some clips with us so we can look into it as soon as we can?

About the short/cut-off recordings, our engineers have managed to improve the algorithm and will apply longer recording time for Premium users in the near future. Please stay tuned!

_i wonder if we’re getting our moneys worth…_Agree:wink:February 18, 2019 11:38 AM (Europe: Paris), February 18, 2019 2:38 AM (America: Los Angeles)

YouTube.com

February 18, 2019 11:19 AM

Just a quick question to all users who post to this thread…

What is the Mega Pixel Ratings on your guys camera phones?

• 2MP
  • 4MP
  • 8MP
  • 12MP
  • Etc…

Wow, is that HD, holy crap thats a good pic quality. You must have a higher MP rating that 8MP…

Thanks.
I’ve installed and ghetto rigged quite a few applications and software to help maximum amount of data and pixels.

Please share your setup

Show us side by side pic please so we can see the difference.