Please.... just please

Can you guys please ‘remove’ the ‘talk’ function?
It’s a good thing to keep people behind the camera and things in front of the camera in touch through audio, but it simply bothers me. To be precise, my father uses Alfred, not me. I’m just a passerby shown in my father’s camera. We have a dog and we try to make sure everything is okay, and we(my father to be exact) constantly check what’s happening. There was no thief, burglar, earthquake, or things Alfred might’ve detected that would do harm to Gidget(the dog), but the 'talk’function does harm.
Well, the ill-feeling isn’t Gidget’s but me and my brother’s. I said passerby but to my dad, we are just one thing to be observed and corrected. He always see things what I’m seeing, and hear things what I’m hearing. It’s like sharing the space and experience that should be private with my father. That’s not right, especially if you have an Asian parent. Asian parents, they always point out and seek ways to keep an eye on their children because they think saying and correcting such things will make us a better person, which is not. They think they’re giving words of inspiration and a piece of wisdom. What they give us as a result of pointing out our behavior is frustration and the feeling of being defined as wrong.
And my asian dad just found a perfect tool to exercise such correcting via your talk function. The voice of my father through Alfred gives me that creepy feeling that he has been watching me all the time. Removing the talk or audio function does not change the fact that he is watching me, but at least he would have to call me if he wants to say something. Then, I can have an equal stand an have a conversation. The talk your app offers is an one way talk, and I can’t just say something about what my father thinks. Well, your app does have a two way talk function, but it’s up to the person who’s behind the screen to decide whether it’s going to be an annoying alarm or a conversation.
If you can’t, or if the demand for the talk function is to great to simply remove that function, then can’t you make the talk function a premium function or a function that requires in-app purchase? I’m sure my father won’t use the talk function if it’s ‘costs’ something.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to Alfred!

If you want to keep your Camera Phone from receiving audio from the Viewer Phone, simply turn down the media volume of your Camera Phone. In that way, you won’t hear anything even when someone talks on the other side.

Hope this helps!

@ssgeness12 remove Alfred’s audio permission or just remove Alfred.

Hook your camera phone to a tv speaker set and you can scare would be’s in real time.
Not helpful I know.
Turn it down is the only possibility I think.

Actually, I am not at location of course and have audio turned off. Can I turn it on with the viewer from remote location

Hi Dun,

Since we have to get the access to the microphone of your Camera device, you have to turn on the audio on your Camera’s side first. It is not possible to turn it on remotely. However, once you have it turned on, you can choose to enable/disable it from Viewer’s side.

Hope this helps!

If you dont want listen audio and your using webviewer on Win10 right click on the sound icon, find that browser and turn it down / off

Can you remotely turn audio on

or it’s a mistake. Right?

Hey,

Thanks for visiting Alfred Center!

First of all, you have to turn on the audio on your Camera’s side so that we can get access to the microphone of your Camera device. It is not possible to turn it on remotely.

However, once you have it turned on, you can choose to enable/disable it from Viewer’s side.

Let us know if you need further assistance.