PC or Laptop (Windows) USB cam as a security camera

@pinky-free-user I do that… then every time I check back, they have been changed back to other values. This time I just applied and then backed out. I did not go back in to see them change again. Hopefully they saved correctly.

I have added a second Owsoo to my home security. It is perfect for the two locations I have it and good old Alfred does the rest with pre motion recording to make sure everything is 100% secure. :heart_eyes:

Download KoPlayer or NOX android player, install Alfred, hook up a camera to each USB if you like for insane coverage.

GOOD LUCK…

• Install KOPLAYER or Nox Android Player
  • Install Alfred from Google Play Store
  • Use/Plug as many Cameras as there are USB ports available
  • Open Alfred in KoPlayer or Nox Player, Login to Alfred
  • Open webviewer in Firefox or Chrome or use other device of your choosing

GOOD LUCK…

I have now set up my Contacam system on an old PC with the onvif feed, it’s Excellent I have set up mask’s to avoid the plants from setting of the motion detection and all motion detection events are represented by scrolling thumbnails so you can watch the event without having to watch the video.

https://www.contaware.com/contacam.html

Contacam is now ten bucks. You still get the full program but it’s watermarked. If you can track down an older version like 7.7 the latest being 9. Something there is no watermark.
Regards.

Thanks @pinky-free-user for the info. Is this working with the Oswoo? I am heading out for work and will test it later if it does. :sunglasses:

@AccessDenied yes I have the onvif feed through WiFi, just put the correct IP and port in the add network camera,. This information can be accessed by using onvif manager.

Regards

I got it setup and it lags horribly when watching live. Also the motion is going beserk on one of my Oswoo with nothing happening. I will check it out more tomorrow. Pretty tired tonight.

ANDROID EMULATORS
KoPlayer http://www.koplayer.com/
OR
Nox https://www.bignox.com/

• Install Alfred, pick viewer or camera

@pinky-free-user I found the source of the horrible lag. It did not like my huge flash drive as the source for all the videos. I have masked areas like you did and it is prerecording motion like alfred now. I will give it a test for a couple days before I pay the 10 bucks to remove the water mark but for now it is running perfectly. :sunglasses:

Also the crazy constant motion was the time stamp from the Oswoo camera settings :joy:

Been tinkering and I have got ContaCam working so smooth. It is just so freaking unreal. Like having Alfred on IP Cams with even more adjustments to the captures. It lets me change the pre and post recording times for each camera. The thumbnail views that are GIFs that lets me speed view a video are wonderful. Loving it.

I should of warned you about the timestamp. Took me a couple of days to realise that especially as the time stamp was hidden behind Contacam date stamp. But from the program you can just enable the display motion detection and then as you are watching live from the program it will give you notifications of where the movement is detected.

First full night with ContaCam going and I woke to over 120 detections. I though for sure I had set something wrong and it was full of false alarms. Went through every GIF and nope, it caught every second of motion properly. Thanks again Pinkylee020 :sunglasses:

@pinky-free-user If you have not checked out the Recordings Browser from the View menu, you have to see it. That is unreal. 27 GIF (default, can be more) all on there for you to scroll through instead of looking at each one in a photo viewer. Totally wicked!!!

Also 9.0.9 was released today. :grinning:

@AccessDenied yea I have checked it out, got mine to snap every 3 sec’s, it uses less resources but makes the event look like a speed up moon walk video and not the Michael Jackson version, I have set up the server in the loft now as a headless server and am happy with this setup… for now. :sunglasses:

Are you able to use the Recordings Browser from another computer and also watch the feed as well? I have a second pc I could setup as the server if I can do those two things.

@AccessDenied you can access it from another PC or browser on any OS or mobile device on Android. Just set up the server from within the program and check your IP and you will probably need to port forward, I think it’s port 4333
Regards

How do I set up a port for the server

I will check it out this weekend. I don’t feel like messing with stuff during the week after work. I need to move my desk before I get into that because I still have an old monitor I can use with the server and have the feeds up full screen on there. I will use the browser on this pc. Most likely will get it going Saturday afternoon some time.

There’s plenty of information about port forwarding on the internet you have to search for your specific router @davidpotts69
Regards