PC or Laptop (Windows) USB cam as a security camera

@AccessDenied Alfred protecting the server, what a fantastic idea my friend
Regards…

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from PC or Laptop (Windows) USB cam as a security camera:

how did you do that,i would like to use my laptop for camera

1 Like
1 Like

@platinumj615 you can do it many ways. If you are referring to using Alfred on your PC then you need to install an Android emulator. If you want another method where you take full advantage of your hardware for free with no ads or subscription then all the information is in this thread
Regards.

Alfred is awesome right

2 Likes

@trextron5 Alfred Can certainly serve a purpose.
Just seems to require a lot of supervision lately.

1 Like

I think you have a good case for an Alfred subscription then you can utilize the zoom feature.

Wait…? Link was removed? Was it a bad link? I guess Google will be my friend.

@4d4328a11d3f0dfe514e not bad just a conflict of interests.

1 Like

Thanks, pinky-free-user. Interestingly enough, I. can see the original post (which I wasn’t seeing before). Now I don’t even see the post I was talking about at all. If it was a conflict of interest thing, I would think that the OP would have been the one to be censored.

@4d4328a11d3f0dfe514e it’s ok the program is referred to in the thread you just need to browse through.
Regards

Thanks, not sure what that is for but thanks non the less.

1 Like

Alternative help and advice on telegram

Download Telegram messenger App from

Telegram.org

What was the name of that website?

Which website do you need the name of ? If you mean Telegram it’s a messaging App

Telegram.org

With free programs, you can use your laptop to monitor your maintenance area through its built-in camera. Most programs are free but straightforward. For excellent functionality, you can pay for additional features from the likes of Yawcam (what we’re using today), iSpy, SecuritySpy, and others.

As far as I am aware https://www.yawcam.com yawcam is and has always been completely free to use. What do you pay extra for ? I never used yawcam because it was originally based on Java, will have to investigate how it’s getting on.
Regards

ContaCam is the best program for IP cameras. It does have a “no donation” graphic at the bottom right if you do not donate to the developer. It is by no means a deal breaker to use it for free. I did donate because it is such a great program and to help development, not to remove the graphic, which is quite tiny on the video I might add.

1 Like