PC or Laptop (Windows) USB cam as a security camera

Nice one Centurion
Regards

I just put a password on it anyway, to be safe. I cannot get the https to work securely for some reason. It is internal so it doesn’t bother me. It connects via port 8443 but Firefox reports the connection as not secure. Oh well. At least anyone I let use my wifi cannot access it without my user name and password lol.

HTTPS will be more secure but your browser reports it as not safe because of a certificate issue. If you read a little about these certificates and how much the cost then that might be the reason someone supplying software for basically free might not be able to afford one ? But the basic premise for HTTPS is the same with or without a proper certificate.
Regards

Thanks buddy! That really helps and I will change my bookmarks on here to use the https as long as it doesn’t bark at me every other time I load up the recordings.

Just add a permanent exception. Oh and welcome as always.

I think Firefox did that on it’s own after the first time I clicked on proceed anyway. I changed bookmarks for both cameras to use https. I know I can access them all from the home page in the browser but I prefer to load each camera seperately. :joy:

Oh and btw, if you have noticed the max buffer size is saying MAX xGB (lower than you want) but you want to extend videos using the “split longer than” setting. Just increase the pagefile size on the system running ContaCam.

Well, I went ahead and setup the access to the recordings for when I am away. It is really cool to have the actual ContaCam recordings available rather than the crappy motion detection of the Oswoo lol. I even added a shortcut to my Android home screen that loads up both cameras and I can tap on which one I want to check the recordings. I have Alfred protecting the server and more, with the IP Cams watching even more. All humming perfectly now.

@AccessDenied Alfred protecting the server, what a fantastic idea my friend
Regards…

Continuing the discussion from PC or Laptop (Windows) USB cam as a security camera:

how did you do that,i would like to use my laptop for camera

@platinumj615 you can do it many ways. If you are referring to using Alfred on your PC then you need to install an Android emulator. If you want another method where you take full advantage of your hardware for free with no ads or subscription then all the information is in this thread
Regards.

Alfred is awesome right

@trextron5 Alfred Can certainly serve a purpose.
Just seems to require a lot of supervision lately.

I think you have a good case for an Alfred subscription then you can utilize the zoom feature.

Wait…? Link was removed? Was it a bad link? I guess Google will be my friend.

@4d4328a11d3f0dfe514e not bad just a conflict of interests.

Thanks, pinky-free-user. Interestingly enough, I. can see the original post (which I wasn’t seeing before). Now I don’t even see the post I was talking about at all. If it was a conflict of interest thing, I would think that the OP would have been the one to be censored.

@4d4328a11d3f0dfe514e it’s ok the program is referred to in the thread.
Regards