PC or Laptop (Windows) USB cam as a security camera

Other models are also available.

I have had time to check the live feed and the recorded video files. You can set the bit rate level for 1st and 2nd stream, I have played around with the settings and although the video is very clear I’m not sure that it’s true HD as there is still pixelation when I zoom in but this could be because of the inferior lens, but I really don’t know what I was expecting, for £15 of the Queen’s finest sterling I’m happy with the results even if it is 720p

Night vision comparison
Alfred on an Asus tablet. Nearly £300

Night vision on IP camera, £15

This was taken in complete darkness the camera has inbuilt infrared light source.

All about Low-Light Filter

[](http://)S

Wow. Nice setup PinkyLee… But just beware, this thread may or may not piss off Mr. Alfred… HaHaha… But also this could give the makers some things to do to Alfred but at the moment I suppose they’re doing their best job they can with this app. I love it still tho & it don’t make u waste old your old phones & let them collect dust & rust & it’s a ‘GREEN’ way for them electronics too & well hellfire it’s basically all free so why not give a shot you know! & to be able to achieve the same video specs as u got with that other system u would have to have the almost the newest affordable phones available at your disposal but I can’t complain about Alfred at all cause it is by far the best way for a complete security system setup for your household or business especially if you’re one of the lower income people like me. But like I said good job on your end of that other system but I’m sticking by with my Alfred system 100%! I’ll talk at cha later gator! & Merry Christmas to u & your family from me!

@fordescape606 I am still fond of Alfred, he’s still doing his thing outside my front door and have respect for the developers. I just feel that the app is still nuts and bolts until it is 100 percent reliable with local backup, auto reconnection and self update, start up.
They are charging for things that do not work on every device, Best just charge for the best benefit of Alfred which is the secure cloud storage, priceless.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Anyone else ready to give this butler the boot for laying down on the job

When it comes to night vision you need an infrared light source. Also on your camera device you will have an infrared lens filter which can be removed on some devices but is a very tricky task as the device has to be stripped down to get to the lens which is very tiny and fragile. Out of the one’s I’ve examined the lens component was sealed and I felt that trying to remove the filter would permanently damage the lens. Also you would need to be able to filter ordinary light to make it clear, this is achieved by using exposed celluloid film. There are videos of how to achieve this on certain video sites with a webcam which I have done myself but have failed to achieve the same results on a mobile/cell phone.

What camera is that and we’re did you get it from?

@bloemenvreugd owsoo 1080p. Link about 8 posts up.
Regards

Thank you very much …

Hey Pinky, I sent you an email with questions regarding that IP camera. It might have gotten stuck in your spam, not sure. No rush on a reply :slightly_smiling_face:

Will check asap anonymous person.

HaHaha! LMFAO! Anonymous Person called AccessDenied! I can see why u picked that as your screen name. HaHaha! Funny as hell!

U need to email me sometime @pinkylee020! Miss our convo’s about cams. LOL Mine still going great. Tho I took the one outta my Papaws place cause of his mouth. Like I told him “Papaw your throat been sliced once and my place broke into once & your trailer about 3 times over past 5 years so bygod next time something like that happens again it’s not on my ass, it’ll be on your ass cause u the one that b¡tched about it & wanted it out for some dam reason.”
I just don’t understand him sometimes. One day he wants a security system watching the place inside & outside and now a year later he don’t want 1 inside so I took it outta his trailer but I left the other watching the driveway & walkway there. Still tryin figure out a good place to put one to watch my lil camper by his place so I can see if anyone been screwing around there. That’s still a work in progress kinda. I’ll have it done sooner or later tho. I’ll talk at cha later PinkyLee! Email me sometime. U know the address…

I got the same one you have ordered. I can’t wait to get it and mount it. I will still be using the Alfred phone it is replacing for another security purpose. I really only had to get one because the idiots that are in the building lobby cannot read the sign that light must be left on at all times when it is dark outside.

@AccessDenied don’t forget to give us a review.
Regards

@pinkylee020 Will do.

@pinkylee020 What type of SD card does it take? I would like to pick one up this week for it but it says TF card and I am not sure if it is the regular SD or the micro SD :thinking:

@AccessDenied micro SD
Regards

Thx @pinkylee020 I will be sure to pick one up this week for sure. But…

I am mad as hell about the delivery. Says it will be here a week from now. I could drive to California and back 3x faster. WTF Fedex

All Things Come To Those Who Wait

Or good things come to he whom waits