PC or Laptop (Windows) USB cam as a security camera

As many of you are looking to use your PC/laptop as a security camera you may wish to investigate this software available for Windows. It is Not ALFRED. It is not as easy to set up ALFRED. Also works with all usb webcams and IP cameras and wireless network cameras. Oh and is totally FREE. Also Linux option for advanced users whom know how to use samba ect. There’s zomeminder which is nothing like Alfred and doesn’t run on Android or iPhone.

“”" Edit. Link removed . Please contact me by email pinkylee020@gmail.com “”"

Windows 10 App?
Can i use my laptop as a camera
DIY Home Security You'll Regret missing out
Unlisted post
7 Ways to Protect Your Home When You Are Away
Can i use a pc webcam or an ip cam with alfred
How to reverse the image like a backup camera
Using your computer as a security camera
Unlimited since you give me
Is Alfred compatible with cameras other than phones?
Unlisted post
Laptop as camera
Can I use the web cam on my laptop as a camera?
Questions about Alfred
Recording on personal computer/laptop
Powerful Security App Applied on Neighborhood Watch
I wabt yo use smart phone and laptop
Video window in app
iPhone that is used as camera goes offline when I leave the vicinity
When will it be released to be used on windows laptops?

Had to remove the link as Alfred doesn’t like competition, even though Alfred doesn’t support M.S. Windows as a camera device.
Linux option Zomeminder.

https://forums.zoneminder.com

I’ve just invested in a IP camera for £15 Inc delivery that’s cheaper than a yearly subscription to Alfred. Will update you all with a in-depth review and comparison after I’ve had it running a couple of weeks.
Regards.

The IP camera is up and running. A couple of minor issues getting it connected to the WiFi but nothing to arduous. Alfred is still covering the front door as I don’t mind if his batteries over heat from being continuously plugged in as he resides outside. Once again this weekend I had to gain physical access to him to update Alfred and find other Apps wanting to be updated which I disabled. The IP camera on the other hand just sits there and does it’s thing. Recording, HD, More than one view, record and view simultaneously, clear infrared night vision with filter cut, email notifications to your Gmail account, picture and/or video uploaded to your choice of FTP server oh yeah and no subscription fees. Seems like it’s going to be a hard battle for
Alfred.

Motion detection as long/short as you like, 24/7 recording, Pan/tilt.

Oops forgot to mention NO ADS sweet.

Please don’t take this as a negative for Alfred but as I have mentioned previously Alfred’s pricing policy just doesn’t stack up against the price of today’s standalone IP cameras. After all you have to provide the hardware and all the installation and setting up yourself. Seeing some of the hardware specs some users have utilised they would be better off selling them second hand and purchase a four camera wireless HD DVR recorded with a monitor for around £150 or cheaper. Please Alfred I respect your mission but your subscriptions need to be adjusted.
Kind regards.

Update. Just set up IP camera No.2 was much easier as reading the instructions properly helped. Just turn the IP camera on and let it boot up, enter the WiFi code in your app on your phone and it plays a tune to the IP camera and then the IP camera connects to your WiFi. Amazingly easy.

Onvif output is also available from the IP camera so that you can use a stand-alone DVR or a PC with aftermarket DVR software such as Contacam ( https://www.contaware.com/ ) to view, record and review your IP camera. All for £15 Inc Postage and package.
Board meeting for Alfred ?

https://www.onvif.org

Downside to this particular model of IP camera.
The recorded video files do not have thumbnails like Alfred, there is only one account for signing in which is an admin account there is no way to add just a user account which would be like Alfred’s trust circle. Both of these issues I plan on rectifying with a DVR.

Another upside. Motion detection records whilst live view and using the two way Comms and panning the camera.
On the recorded clip only the camera side audio is recorded. LOL you can say what ever you like as it won’t be on the recording. Result.
Can’t upload the video here as a sample but there are plenty of examples on the tube site, just search oswoo 1080p

This is the model which I purchased.

Other models are also available.