Offline cameras will not wake up

It would be really helpful if you’d provide the following information so our engineer colleagues can identify and solve your problem sooner.

Which device has the problem? Viewer or Camera CAMERAS
Device Model Name: S4, I THINK
OS Version: LATEST?
AppVersion: LATEST?

BOTH CAMERAS SAY THEY ARE OFFLINE AND WON’T RESET WHEN YOU TRY TO WAKE THEM UP. WHY DOESN’T THAT WORK?

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Hi @johntheodorerandall,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

You see your Camera offline (7007) when your Camera has been powered down, disconnected, logged out, or simply crashed.

If you see a yellow circle, please tap on it to see if the Camera can be woken up. If that fails, the only way to bring it back online is regaining physical access to the device.

Please run a quick Camera Health Check to see if the power supply/connection can be improved:

Hope it helps!

Me too. They don’t ever give a real solution to this problem. No advice like device settings etc. That would be really helpful. I don’t know what to do except switch to the other security camera app on Google play store. Please help!

I have been having this issue for awhile now, and it’s getting to the point where I am now looking at an alternative app.

Device iPod
Always charged (charger is connected)
No issues with WiFi

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out!

For iOS device as Camera, please enable Guided Access to ensure your Camera not deter by other application and reduce app crash. You can find out how here:

https://alfred.camera/forum/t/1018

Also, please avoid pressing home button or power key after you set up Camera in the future. Instead, you can tap the Lock icon on the bottom right corner.

Hope this helps!