Non Google devices

upgrade
motion

It would be really helpful if you’d provide the following information so our engineer colleagues can identify and solve your problem sooner.

Which device has the problem? Viewer or Camera
Device Model Name:
OS Version: Fore HD 8 7th generation
Fire os 5.3.6.4
AppVersion: 3.11.01

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Hey,

Thanks for creating a thread here. Could you let us know a bit more about the problem you’ve been experiencing? Keep us posted!

I have an Amazon Fire tablet HD 8, 7th generation, running Fire OS 5.3.6.4. I installed Alfred on my backup phones with great success, but couldbnt install it via Google Play on the Amazon tablet. So I got the APK as a third party app. Now I cant update it because Google and Amazon dont play well together. Which sucks because I like to use the tablet as the viewer.

So is there anway to update Alfred on an Amazon device?

Hey,

Thanks for the update. For now, Alfred only supports Android & iOS platforms.

You try the apk link here to update Alfred on your device:
https://alfred.camera/releases/Alfred_latest_version.apk

But the apk is for Camera only. The only way to use the Viewer is to install Alfred via Google Play or App Store. Is it possible to download Google Play on your Amazon Fire tabler?

Alternatively, you can try our WebViewer:

I don’t really understand this non Google devices thing but could you clarify it a little bit more for me I would love this hear what you have to say thank you

Wait so i can use that apk link on my old phone as a camera? Because for some reason i cant seem to access the google play store on any of my old phones and i have beeb trying to figure out how to use them as the camera part of this process.

@ej_barrientes_jr older Android is not officially supported but you could try downloading the camera only APK from the link on this forum and give it a whirl.
Please report back on your endeavours.
Regards