No video recording, just photos?

My Samsung Galaxy core prime (camera) running the latest Alfred release is only taking photos now and not video during the day time. There is no video motion recordings, just the pictures.

1 Like

Hi @ahermanson09 ,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

There are two possible reasons that could cause this:

1- Your connection is not very stable.

What Alfred does when an Event is generated is uploading a snapshot first. In a few seconds, the video should follow. If the Internet is cut off before the video can be uploaded however, only the snapshot will be available.

2- Your Camera Phone is running out of internal storage space.

Please free up some space to see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us posted!

Same problem. Phone acting as camera(samsung s6) is factory reset with nothing on it. Phone acting as reciever (samsung s7) has 5g+ available space. Home wifi has good connection. No drop outs. Still only talking snapshots. Not photos.

I have experienced the exactly same issue.

Me too, and I am premium …

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Alfred Center!

There are two possible reasons that could cause this:

1. Your connection is not very stable.

What Alfred does when an Event is generated is uploading a snapshot first. In a few seconds, the video should follow. If the Internet is cut off before the video can be uploaded, however, only the snapshot will be available.

We took a quick look at the connection logs and saw that your Camera tends to run on battery. Devices running on battery often enable power-saving mode and reduce WiFi reception capacity. To ensure continuous surveillance, we suggest you keep your Camera plugged in.

Also, please connect your Camera to a more stable internet to prevent this issue from happening again.

1. Your Camera Phone is running out of internal storage space.

Please free up some space to see if that fixes the problem.

Let us know if it helps!

The camera remains always connected, I just unplug it to see if there is a configuration error, I do not have much wifi speed in my house, maybe that’s the problem? this error appears since I hired the premium option that records in “hd”. I guess I need more connection speed to the network. As this is impossible I will unsubscribe from the premium account.

Hey Alex,

Thank you for reaching out!

We are sorry to hear Alfred Premium hasn’t seemed to work as it should for you. To deliver higher-resolution recording, the Premium version is indeed more data-intensive. If the connection is weak/not stable, it might affect the uploading process.

You can run a Camera Health Check to find out your connectivity status:

According to the logs, your Camera gets disconnected a couple of times a day. Besides the stable power supply, we also have some tips for you to improve the WiFi reception capacity.

Surely we want our Premium users to be satisfied with the service we provide. Alfred will continue to improve the application and perhaps give more resolution options to our users in the future. In that way, you can select the appropriate resolution based on internet connection status.

Please stay tuned and continue to support Alfred!

Hi Alex,

Thanks for checking out the Camera Health Check for us!

Here is the funny thing: your WiFi level isn’t 100% related to the number of disconnections. Your WiFi level could be just acceptable (around 50), but your Camera doesn’t get disconnected much. On the other hand, your WiFi level could be pretty good in general, but it gets disconnected a lot sometimes (for example when your provider limits the speed during peak hours).

For example, we took a look at your connectivity status on Sep 25th. This is how it looks:

The orange part indicates that your Camera got disconnected a couple of times during that period.

To avoid that, you can try:

1. Walk around at home with Wifi Analyzer app, so that you can set Alfred up where the signal is stronger.

2. Getting a range extender also helps.

3. If Alfred gets disconnected in certain periods every day, it might be that your provider limits the speed during peak hours. You can think about changing to a more stable provider.

Let us know if you need further assistance.