Night vision & video not recording long enough

Hi
I’m a new user and I’ve been giving Alfred a go for a few days.

First of all, night vision is awful. Is it the poor camera? (I admit it’s a poor phone) Does it improve on Premium - I’m a little reluctant to pay to find out it doesn’t.
Because the camera is overlooking our two cars on a busy road I really could do with decent night vision. There is no way there was no movement in my street after 11.15pm.

My other concern is recording length and looking at the forum I’m not the only one.
I know how it is all supposed to work but for example, I’ve just seen myself getting my son out of my car but the clip stops while I’m moving. On the next video I’m already in my house.

Another clip is of my wife getting bags out of the car. Again, it just stops when there is movement.
A clip appears to be missing of my daughter getting home from school so it clearly didn’t trigger the motion.
I’ve also had clips of people walking past but the recording just stops when they are still walking. The next clip and they’ve vanished.

One more thing is that on the odd occasion, I’m only given an image instead of a video clip.

All the health and wifi is ok before I’m asked.

It would be really helpful if you’d provide the following information so our engineer colleagues can identify and solve your problem sooner.

Which device has the problem? Camera
Device Model Name: Unsure
OS Version: Android Unsure
AppVersion: 3.11.05

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Here is an example of recording ending early

@mrmchesterton Night vision isn’t infrared night it’s just a filter it cannot see light that isn’t there. I could suggest many options for you to peruse but for around £30 on the market website of your choice you could pick up a semi decent IP camera that would address all your issue with out all the mucking about. Then put your Alfred camera device in another location. Phone positioning

I realise that can be done, but then I’d likely have to pay for cloud storage - unless you know of one where cloud storage is free.

I have bought a month premium and I can’t see much difference between the free and HD (during the day) but this could well be the poor camera on the cheap phone.

I store mine locally but I’m sure you can upload to a free service as long as you remember to check them and purge them to keep the space free. There are many options. I use Alfred for what it’s good at, close quarters, interactive if limited and secure cloud storage. But it’s not my main camera system. @mrmchesterton

@mrmchesterton you can use your Google drive to save video/snapshot from most IP cameras.

Hi @mrmchesterton,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

Alfred’s Low-Light Filter still needs a little light to work. Please find some tips for optimizing its performance here:

Alfred has kept working on improving the Algorithm to ensure the whole movement is recorded. Chances are the movement later on was not changing enough to be recognized as a motion by Camera Phone. Could you try moving the Camera a bit closer to the place you would like to monitor and set the sensitivity to high? We will keep making the motion detection more intelligent. Please stay tuned!