Night vision, 24/7 recording

low_light

where does the total recording lies or where can i see my recordings

Hi @mnk08093,

Thank you for reaching out!

You can see your recordings by going to your Event Book. Please tap on the icon on the bottom right of your camera thumbnail, and you will see the list of Events.

Hope this helps!

I know this has not been visited for a while, but I also second (or third) the option of 24/7 recording. I would pay a premium for this. My Nexus 6P is not good at capturing motion capture. Someone keeps stealing my mail, and I’ve had a problem in the past with the municipal snow plow hitting my car (not all of the footage was captured) and an armed home invasion that was not picked up by Ring. Sometimes, we need a fail-safe.

Also, I’d like to be able to change my username on here. It seems to have been automatically generated. Since it is my real name, it makes me feel unsafe to be discussing how my security is set up in a public forum.

Hi,

Welcome to joining us at Alfred Center!

24/7 recording is a feature we plan to work on in the near future. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned!

If you want to change your username at Alfred Center, you can send a direct message to me and state the new username. I’ll help you change it as soon as I see the message.

24 hour recording would make this app worthwhile.
The reason why it would be superior to motion capture recording is that, motion capture does not record for long enough, or fast enough if someone walks past the camera really quickly, it has started recording but they have already passed.
Also, sometimes it doesn’t activate at all.

When it comes to night vision you need an infrared light source. Also on your camera device you will have an infrared lens filter which can be removed on some devices but is a very tricky task as the device has to be stripped down to get to the lens which is very tiny and fragile. Out of the one’s I’ve examined the lens component was sealed and I felt that trying to remove the filter would permanently damage the lens. Also you would need to be able to filter ordinary light to make it clear, this is achieved by using exposed celluloid film. There are videos of how to achieve this on certain video sites with a webcam which I have done myself but have failed to achieve the same results on a mobile/cell phone.

You can not have proper night vision without proper night vision hardware.

Regards

I agree the night vision is very hard to see …even when u pay.

Hi Chris,

Alfred’s Low-Light Filter still needs a little light to work. Please find some tips for optimizing its performance here:

If you need further assistance, you can always send us a screenshot or a link to an Event so we can give you more specific advice.