My night time mode doesn't help at all?

low_light

It would be really helpful if you’d provide the following information so our engineer colleagues can identify and solve your problem sooner.

Which device has the problem? Viewer
Device Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S7
OS Version:
AppVersion:3.10.3

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Hi @lilmammas1413,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

Alfred’s Low-Light Filter still needs a little light to work. Please find some tips for optimizing its performance here:

If you need further assistance, you can always send me a screenshot or a link to an Event so I can take a look and give you more specific advice.

Hope this helps!

While the phone/camera is looking out a window (or looking through glass) the only motion the motion sensor picks up at night with the low light filter turned on is lights turning on or moving across the field of view.
I place my phone/camera in a window & aim it outside. Daytime the motion sensor works great. Once it gets dark & the automatic low light filter turns on, I can dance right in front of the phone/camera & the motion sensor doesn’t see me at all unless I turn a light on in my hand or I’m holding s flashlight

@anngra82
All about Low-Light Filter
Basically you need ambient light for your cameras processor to process. Most of the lenses on phones have red filters on which filter infrared light. So with the night filter it’s not turning your camera device into a night cam it’s just trying to make sense of and enhance what little light it can see.
All about Low-Light Filter