My motion detection only records 5 seconds. Can I make it record longer?

It would be really helpful if you’d provide the following information so our engineer colleagues can identify and solve your problem sooner.

Which device has the problem? Viewer or Camera
Device Model Name:
OS Version:
AppVersion:

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

2 Likes

Hi @lugnutz1993,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm determines how long the recording is depending on the movement. In order to keep you notified as soon as something happens, the recording is kept at a length between 5 and 30 seconds. If the movement continues, it will be broken into multiple clips.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi, could you please change that and make it more smooth? This makes no sense as 5 sec is pretty limited. I would hope for 20 sec minimum to catch the whole thing. I have 5 sec videos that are useless and sometime there are no multiple clips.

2 Likes

Yes :grin:1. List item

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue!

You are always welcome to send us a link to a Motion Event or even a photo of what you see on the Viewer. That way, we can give you more specific advice. In the meantime, experimenting with different setups could make a big difference.

Our engineer team never stops working on making the Motion Detection algorithm smarter. If we figure something out, we will try our best to present it to you as soon as possible. Before that becomes a reality, please try a different setup or put it somewhere else to see if the situation gets better.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please stay tuned and continue to support Alfred!

2 Likes

I agree … 5 secs is not long enough. They start talking and it cuts off the conversation and does not start back recording for another 5 -10 sec. you miss the whole thing. It’s really pretty worthless. The sound quality is terrible too. Can vaguely make out what is being said sometimes and they are standing right next to the camera.

2 Likes

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your feedback!

Would you be able to send us a link to a Motion Event or even a photo of what you see on the Viewer? That way, we can give you more specific advice.

Keep us posted!

2 Likes

Is it possible to turn off the motion detect and choose continuous recording?

1 Like

Hi,

Alfred does not offer continuous recording. Instead, Alfred offers Motion Detection that automatically captures video clips when movement is detected. You can also have notifications sent to your Viewer Phone when that happens, which means you won’t have to review hours of footage at the end of the day.

1 Like

Thank you! I can see how that would take up a lot of storage space on the phone also.

Wow the person answering all of our stupid problemas of 5 second recordings look like a mental retarded… learn for Manything App… a thousand times BETTER…