Motion sensitivity

Hi,
I noticed it many time recently, that the camera dows not record major moments.
Not that I am proud of it, but I fell to the ground recently on slippery fresh snow. I was 15 meters to the camera lens. Nothing was recorderd. I understand that if a bird flies across the lens view, it may not pick it up, that is ok, but when a 1.85 m guy, myself, falls, and picks up himself, that is strange no recording of that event will happen. Considering giving up on Alfred. It is not too useful. Sorry after all.

Which device has the problem? Camera
Device Model Name: HTC Desire 500
OS Version: latest
AppVersion: latest
high sensitivity setting

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

There are two things we need you to check:

1. Were you watching live feed on your Viewer Phone when the movement took place? Alfred’s Motion Detection doesn’t work when there is a live session going on. If you end the live-viewing session and try again, Motion Detection should work.

2. If you were not watching live feed, please check your Event Book to see if you can find the recording:

If you can find the recording but didn’t receive a notification, please make sure notifications are properly set up:

Let me know if this helps!

Hi and thanks for the responses.
Unfortunately there was no recording made whatsoever and there wasn’t live feed at the moment.
The camere was on and working as normaly would. I fell - as I mentioned about 15 meters from the camear, but the event was not recorded. I am quite a big guy, and surprised not to find any recordings. If a bulglar enters my fence, would the camera motion detection notice if my unfortunate event was not recorded at all. I wonder.
p

Hi,
Unfortunately I am starting to loose confidence in Alfred.
Latest: I open my gate to the house to about a meter wide, so that I can walk in. Holding a child’s tricycle in one hand, turning around, pulling the gate back shut, walking past my far end of my car and NOTHING recorded. Now, if that is not recorded and that did not trigger motion recording, what has to happen??
Settings remained the same, it was in very nicely lit time of the day, 2 pm., and no obstruction, camera phone still ON and nothing.
Really sad. Might have to install a real alarm system.
Peter

Hi @30planner,

Thank you for reaching back to Alfred!

Alfred has continued to make the Motion Detection more intelligent. For the moment, the movement of objects about 15 meters from the Camera might fail to activate Motion Detection. Could you try shorten the distance between the Camera and the place you would like to monitor? In the meantime, please assure the sensitivity of motion detection has been set to High. If you have a Premium account, the feature of Zoom may help you monitor the place in the distant.

Hope it helps!