Motion sends me noteification after someone passes

notification

It would be really helpful if you’d provide the following information so our engineer colleagues can identify and solve your problem sooner.

Email used for Alfred login:
Which device has the problem? Viewer or Camera both
Device Model Name:sony xperia
OS Version: none
AppVersion: yes

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Hi @seancorrigan390,

Thanks for joining us at Alfred Center!

Alfred’s Motion Detection captures movement. If you set the Camera Phone up facing the window for example, Alfred will record when someone or a car passes by and sends you a notification.

What do you mean to use Alfred for? If you want Alfred to keep an eye on who enters your house, you might want to place the Camera facing the door. If you don’t want to receive notifications, here is how to turn them off:

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Alfred is internet based and will have a delay before receiving notification (similar to email when sent and received online) I’m pretty sure your images bounce off Alfred servers before being sent to your device.

BUT…

Web of Cam (Alfred Offline version), offers quicker notification detection because it is only on your WiFi/network without internet (similar to sending email but only in-house and almost being instant whereas sending online takes a couple seconds)

ALFRED for Unattended Recording (Internet Online has Delayed Notifications)
Web of Cam for In-house non cloud capable (Local Network has Quicker Notifications)

GOOD LUCK…

@Lecram I thought webofcam was defunked. I could be wrong but I don’t think it’s had a revision since 2017. Shame really as the symbian version could of been of interest.
Regards

Baby Monitor - Live Streaming (OFFLINE ALFRED) is the NEW Google Play App name

@Lecram will have to investigate.
Regards