Motion detection does not work and does not capture anymore movements

It would be really helpful if you’d provide the following information so our engineer colleagues can identify and solve your problem sooner.

Which device has the problem? Viewer or Camera
Device Model Name: samsung galaxy v and ipod5
OS Version: kitkat and ios 6
AppVersion: latest up to date

The motion detection does not capture all movements it sees… I have observed the glitch when I monitored the recordings compare to other devices actual live recordings… It miss minutes of recording where it can capture other movements… What if the culprit was one of the movements that was not recorded… This would be non sense… Make sure if there will be a crowd to make the motion recording longer instead of 5s 10s which will missed some important or vital movements… Like an example a parade that will pass by for A minute though this app will only capture 5s to 10s of recording Please make sure to have this fixed… Thanks.

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

suddenly for the whole day today alfred does not captured any more Movements… The last it captured was last night evening from there it stop recording?? What seems to be the problem? Please fix thanks.

Hi @krist.tabujara,

Thank you for reaching out!

Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm determines how long the recording is depending on the movement. In order to keep you notified as soon as something happens, the recording is kept at a length between 5 and 30 seconds. If the movement continues, it will be broken into multiple clips.

Could you share us some video links that record constant movement so we can look into it for you? If you want, you can send the video links to support@my-alfred.com so we can give you more specific advice.

Hope this helps!

Ok nowcI get it thats why… But then again its been 2 days now motion detection is activated and notifications is swirtch on camera shows active as you can view it live but have not gotten any recording for 2 days now… Please advise.

It is still not recording and capturing any movements this app is beginning to annoy me… It is set enabled yet this is thd 4th day now… No videos/movements captured even me fixing the car for hours in front of it did not even captured neither 5 seconds recording…

Your app does not capture anymore movements please fixed… Its been almost a week now…

Hi @krist.tabujara,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

There are two things we need you to check:

1. Were you watching live feed on your Viewer Phone when the movement took place? Alfred’s Motion Detection doesn’t work when there is a live session going on. If you end the live-viewing session and try again, Motion Detection should work.

2. If you were not watching live feed, please check your Event Book to see if you can find the recording:

If you can find the recording but didn’t receive a notification, please make sure notifications are properly set up:

Let me know if this helps!

I left it running first for 2 days when i check no recording… I gave it another 24 hours still none… Reinstall app give it another 24 hours still no recording check settings reactivate everything even reinstall the viewer app still for 5 days no recording… It did not capture me fixing the car and damn kids pissing on it… Your app is a crap… Does this mean I have used up the free trial all I can do now is watch live feed is that how this app works? I was planning going HD cause that the only paid thing but if I need to pay for recording… Nevermind… Will try athome now… Thanks.

As this issue been resolved ? If so please update your post.