I have been using Alfred since its release, even well versed in the offline version Web of Cam, better known now as Baby Monitor - Live Streaming.
I have lost use of all my camera’s b/c of either;
- Dead Batteries
- Ready to Explode Batteries
- Phone won’t charge with dead battery or turn on
- Lost batteries while cameras were taken down
- Broken charging port
Batteries eventually die, expand, or stop charging after the years, and when you can’t purchase these batteries b/c they are discontinued… This is the easiest simple fix around.
Maybe YOU might not feel the need to undertake this method but if there’s 1 of me, there is 10, 000 more out there like me… lol.
As far as battery notification goes, it thinks its full all the time and doesn’t affect using Alfred… So no worries. I don’t think putting a capacitor between + & - does anything other than charge the capacitor to blow up in your face. Its the additional terminals that give the status of your battery, and we don’t use those. Those you could hook up to the capacitor properly I’m sure, but to much HASSLE. Refer to google to see what I mean.
There was no hassle either;
- Cut of USB end and strip
- Attached wires & hot glue in place.
- DONE… Cost = Priceless
I use this configuration so that;
- I don’t have to worry about coming back to an exploded battery that caught my curtains on fire (If you got money, no problem… Buy the newest phone and keep replacing batteries)
- I have no cost to replace batteries, No waste, No new phone purchases
- Many more reasons just cant think off the top of my head
Don’t mind my hack job with the wires. I originally just tried closing the case over the half stripped wires but it still wasn’t thin enough. So I melted a spot on the side of phone and matched same spot on case, as seen in second picture.
This is a 3 terminal phone, center terminal is for battery status functions, don’t need it. This phones charging port had all bent pins to and was the only way to fix phone.