Latest Update Aug 2019 Garbage! Affects Viewer

1. Camera Health Check: have been getting 9001 code for a few days, updating both doesn’t fix.
  2. Updated Camera and Viewer, Ver 4.2.3 (Camera build 2114, ? Viewer).
  3. The ANNOYING Google on occasion pops up on Camera and messes up my connection. I’ve stopped it under Applications but it seems to always come back.
  4. I take SCREENSHOTS of videos. It had the date/time on top but now AFTER UPDATE the only way to get that is to stop the video but then it shows the ARROW and 1/4 (i.e., 1 of 4 videos), see screenshot below, that’s if it shows up.
  5. I updated to Premium and that’s when this all started.
  6. I’m really annoyed. I really wanted this to work, and I NEED it to WORK but it keeps disappointing me.

To better identify the issue, please fill out the form below so we can give you more specific advice accordingly.

1. The Gmail account you use to sign in to Alfred (Optional): Happy Camper
  2. App version (You can find it on the About page): Ver 4.2.3 (Camera build 2114, ? Viewer).
  3. Which device has the problem (Viewer or Camera name): BOTH
  4. Description (Any screenshot or video would be very helpful):
    Here’s a screenshot but I’m not certain it’s going to show up.

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Are ya’ll on vacation? After I began a “paid” subscription to premium my issues started and nobody responds? I replied to an email to “Support” and attached some files which hasn’t been answered nor was this. Also, I get long videos of NOTHING moving and camera misses people/movement, it wasn’t like that when I started using this. Heck, I can’t even get my camera to record a live session.
Is anyone going to answer me please?

1 Like

This is a perfect example of why the full version should be available from the beginning. Then if you are a happy camper with Alfred then you could just subscribed for the secure cloud storage. P.S. IP cameras are available from your favourite market website below £15.
Enjoy your vacation.

I feel this could be a switch and bait. Thanks for suggestion, I’m looking into it, trying to find a great camera with decent software. I’m not going on vacation but lord knows I need one badly. And I’m not a happy camper…

1 Like

Had to Google switch and bait, It’s bait and switch we call it up selling. I’m not a merchant so no deception is afoot. Just sharing my own experience. I still use Alfred and hopefully he will come to fruition one day

Hey,

We are sorry to hear about what happened.

First of all, I suggest that you give your Camera device a fresh start:

Most problems could be solved after the factory reset. Let me know if there is still an issue.

As for the screenshots issue, do you mean that you want to take a screenshot of the date and the image at the same time?

Yes, don’t want the arrow, etc., showing up on screenshots, often that’s all I need, the picture and date/time above.

Are you saying factory reset phone OR Alfred? Don’t think I can do that on camera old LG phone. If I completely clear cache on Alfred, then all unread markers, i.e., yellow dots, reappear and there’s no easy way to get rid of them. I’ve done that recently. Who knows, maybe it’s because it’s an old phone, not good enough.

Also, why does Google decide to run on it whenever it wants to? I’ve disabled it but when it decides to run, it messes up my camera transmission and then I have to go through rebooting, etc., all over again…