Laggy nightvision

low_light

This is related to the webview only. I have a PC that is hard wired to the router upon which my Cam phone is connected via wifi. I can watch the webview during the day with mostly no issues at all. Once the nightvision kicks in, I get pauses/lag of 3-7 seconds constantly. The Cam phone is a Moto G (2015) 3rd Gen. I dont understand the lag in nightvision. It doesnt lag when viewing from another cell phone while nightvision is on.

It would be really helpful if you’d provide the following information so our engineer colleagues can identify and solve your problem sooner.

Which device has the problem? Viewer or Camera
Device Model Name:
OS Version:
AppVersion:

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Hi @brianandloretta2017

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

Can you help us try one thing? Switch your other Viewer Phones to Camera, and see whether the situation persists when the night vision kicks in.

Keep us posted!

I moved the wifi router a bit so the camera wouldn’t be so close to it. It has been much better since. Before it was right next to the wifi (1 foot). That appeared to cause the issue.

My viewer phone did not lag when I tested it. It only lagged when I left it near the router like the other phone. Still a mystery why it only lagged in the webviewer and not from another cell while viewing live.

The issue returned today again. I decided to change the DNS on my PC to something different than my ISP DNS. Changed to Google DNS and it is much better. Not sure what the ISP DNS did to cause it but using Google’s DNS is much better for the webviewer.

The issue would keep coming back over and over. I finally found a way to fix it completely. BUY a more powerful router that it can get a good enough signal from.

Before it was connected to a wifi extender, which had a good signal and the camera phone had a great signal too. However I guess the way extenders work is not made for viewing the cam from a PC. It never lagged when viewing from another android, but on PC it was just horrible for freezing a lot.

It has been hours without a single freeze since I connected it to the main router instead of the extender. Absolutely perfect.

Well, the issue came back so many times. I tried nearly everything I could think of to fix it. I had nearly given up hope of it being fixed. My wifi extender died yesterday. It wont light up or anything, totally dead. I turned on the cam after I was done trying to fix it. It does not lag one bit. It might have a millisecond hang but that is not even noticeable. I have watched for hours and hours over last night and today. No lag.

For anyone else having lag issues when watching live, make sure you do not have a wifi extender within a few feet of the camera phone. Totally fixed the issue.

I was lucky and unlucky at the same time. I lost my extender but it fixed my issues.