It's recording lots of NO motion, NOT recording movement; black screen at night

With the increase of updates, it’s capturing limited movement and often NONE at all (i.e., person stopped, then don’t see their next steps as in when they left). I also can get 24 captures of NO movement, very frustrating. Sometimes get black screen at night, I have to manually touch viewer screen and turn off “night” half moon and then it adjusts itself. Sometimes get snapshots. Sometimes when I record a live event, it doesn’t save it in Moments nor in my Gallery of photos, videos.
Maybe I’m expecting too much and need a more professional system. I have been debating whether or not to subscribe, but need solid proof and this is not capturing acts in progress.
Please advise, thank you…

To better identify the issue, please fill out the form below so we can give you more specific advice accordingly.

1. The Gmail account you use to sign in to Alfred (Optional): where can I email it to you?

2. App version (You can find it on the About page): 4.1.11

3. Which device has the problem (Viewer or Camera name): viewer I guess, you tell me

4. Description (Any screenshot or video would be very helpful): this app won’t let me access files

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Hi,

From the situation you described, it seems that your connection is not very stable.

What Alfred does when an Event is generated is uploading a snapshot first. In a few seconds, the video should follow. If the Internet is cut off before the video can be uploaded, however, only the snapshot will be available.

The other possibility is that the device overheats and stops motion detection mechanism from working normally.

Please:
a. Use charging accessories from the original manufacturers.
b. Use a charger with a timer.
c. Unplug the device for a couple of hours a day if you can.
d. When you don’t need Motion Detection, disable the Camera device from your Viewer device with Alfred’s Remote Switch: Save Data & Energy with Alfred's Remote Switch!

If the issue persists, you can always send us a video of what you see in the Event Book. We will look into it further for you. Thank you!

Thank you for quick reply.

• I never had an original charger for camera phone. I did find one that works the best and is plugged in 24/7.
  • Motion is working, just not as consistently. Don’t get many snapshots.
  • It is at a window, don’t have other options. On sunny days, in the morning camera will stop working due to overheating, and disconnect/cool it down for awhile.
  • I will try your suggestions.

You haven’t addressed the “several captures of NO movement,” “black screen at night,” and why I’m “recording live moments but its not being saved anywhere.”

Is it possible someone nearby is blocking or tampering with my connection? I changed my password, had cable company come over and check my connections, said they were good. Perhaps too many programs running on all devices (i.e., 100+ Chrome browsers open)?

Thank you very much for your assistance…

Hey,

The captures of no movement sound like a “false alarm”. It might be the light changes which activate Motion Detection. You can share one of video of this kind to us so that we can look into it further for you!

As for the black screen and video saving issue, that could be a software issue on your Camera phone. Could you please follow the instructions in the post to give your Camera phone a fresh start and see if the situation gets better?

I’ve done all these steps. In fact, it brought back all the yellow circles (unread) and I had to go through them all so it didn’t distract me. I also get those circles after I’ve viewed videos and went back to main screen. So again have to go through them again and it throws me off…