Is Alfred secure?

Great question!! If we may, please allow us to explain why Alfred is your top choice for secured surveillance:

Alfred has established strict policies and technical barriers to prevent unauthorized access to your data. How? With the support of top-tier cyber security mechanisms— W3C, Google, Android, and Amazon— Alfred is equipped with the most advanced protection.

1. Alfred leverages Google account and the authentication framework provided by Google with NO password sent to Alfred’s server in any case.

2. The communication between viewer and camera is done P2P with end-to-end encryption. The key used to encrypt the communication is generated per session and Alfred does not know it either.

3. Alfred enforces latest version of TLS protocol when communicating when with Google and/or our backend server to prevent any possible attack known so far.

4. Every request to our backend server requires an access token which is only valid for a small period of time and the design is compliant with the IETF specification.

5. Access to the media stored on our backend server is protected by generating randomized URLs with very short lifecycle, which greatly minimizes the possibility of getting hacked.

6. Alfred reviews our security measures from time to time to ensure the service keeps up with the industry standard.

Need further assistance? Go back to the list of frequently asked questions, check out the tips, start a new thread, or fill out the issue report form!

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Is Your Security Camera Secure?
Who can see my phone
5 Tips for Making Alfred the BEST PET CAM
Why does Alfred need permission to certain information? Is my information safe with Alfred?
Question about intranet
Can the camera device be be hijacked by a second viewer device?
A question about security
Is someone peeking?
Videos Recorded Are Not Private
How can I tell of someone else has got on my link as a viewer?
Way to designate single device as viewer?
How secure is the app itself? How secure on a business phone or laptop
Privacy problems just wanted to make sure
Privacy Question
Live stream stored?
Gostaríamos de servir mais pessoas no Brasil e precisamos de sua ajuda para isso!
iPhone 4 on IOS 7.1.2 - can't update to IOS8
Security of Camera-
Alfred and 12
New here, just to say thank you Alfred for amazing work and hope people buy the subscription to support
My videos have been edited in the cloud/on your servers- how could this happen?
Unable to view one camera
Frequently Asked Questions
I didn't just use a old phone
Alguém além de mim pode ver minhas transmissões?
Español: Preguntas más frecuentes
How alfred manages encryption of data for premium users
Permissions
Maintaining a connection
Donde veo los videos que graba o las capturas donde se guardan?
Seguridad de la camara
Do you hack into my camera?
Camera view without permission
My account
A dumb question
My viewing screen if the little arrow down at the bottom right-hand corner is bouncing back and forth does that mean somebody else is trying to view my camera?
Where Are Alfred's Servers Located? (Country, IPs, domains, etc.)

Ist Alfred sicher?

Sicherheit ist eine der Top-Prioritäten von Alfred, damit unsere Kunden immer ein sicheres Gefühl haben. Für Live-Videos verwendet Alfred Peer-to-peer-Technologie, es laufen also keine Videodaten über Alfreds Server. Jeglicher Zugriff auf unsere Backend-Server erfolgt ausschließlich mit dem neuesten HTTPS-Standard in Kombination mit Google-Kontoauthentifizierung. Dies verhindert etwaiges Abhören oder Hack-Versuche, die möglicherweise unsere Datensicherheit gefährden könnten.

Deutsch: Häufig gestellte Fragen

阿福管家安不安全?

好問題!請給我們機會告訴您阿福管家是維護您居家安全首選的原因:

阿福管家制定嚴格的政策以及技術屏障,防止有人越權存取您的資料。我們是怎麼辦到的呢?簡單來說,我們運用最高等級的網路安全機制,包括W3C、Google、安卓、以及亞馬遜,提供您最完善的保護。

1. 阿福管家採用Google的帳號認證,您的密碼不另外經過阿福管家的伺服器。

2. 監控端以及相機端的溝通透過P2P以及終端到終端的加密,每次連線使用的加密金鑰都不同,連我們也無法得知。

3. 阿福管家與Google以及我們的後端伺服器溝通時採用最新的TLS協定,預防目前已知的安全問題。

4. 每次與後端伺服器請求資訊時,都需要存取憑證。存取憑證有效的時間相當有限,並且符合IETF的規範。

5. 我們採用有效時間很短的隨機網址保護儲存在後端伺服器的媒體檔案,大幅降低被駭的機率。

6. 阿福管家不時加強安全措施,確保我們的服務達到業界的最高規格。

阿福管家服務中心中文版常見問題

Alfred é seguro?

Segurança é uma das prioridades máximas do Alfred, para garantir que nossos clientes sintam-se sempre seguros. Para o vídeo em tempo real, o Alfred usa tecnologia ponto-a-ponto, portanto, nenhum stream de vídeo passa pelo servidor do Alfred. Todos os acessos aos nossos servidores de back-end são reforçados pelos padrões mais atuais de HTTPS, em conjunto com a autenticação de conta do Google. Isso evita qualquer tentativa de espionagem ou hacking que poderia comprometer a segurança dos seus dados.

Português: Perguntas Frequentes

¿Alfred es seguro?

La seguridad es una de las prioridades de Alfred para asegurarse de que los clientes siempre se sienten seguros.
Para vídeos en directo Alfred utiliza tecnología peer-to-peer para que ninguna secuencia de vídeo pase a través del servidor de Alfred. Cada acceso a nuestros servidores se hace cumplir con el último HTTPS estándar junto con la autenticación de la cuenta de Google, esto evita cualquier espionaje o los intentos de hackeo que posiblemente podrían comprometer la seguridad de tus datos.

Español: Preguntas más frecuentes

Alfredのセキュリティは安全ですか?

ユーザーに常に安全感を提供する為のAlfred最高の優先順位の1つがセキュリティです。中継のビデオには、Alfredはピアツーピア技術を使用している為、Alfredのサーバーを通り抜けるビデオ・ストリームはありません。バックエンドのサーバーへの全てのアクセスはGoogleアカウント認証を持つ最新のHTTPS基準で強化されている為、データ・セキュリティを脅かす可能性のある傍受やハッカーの試みを予防します。

日本語:よくある質問

Насколько безопасен Alfred?

Безопасность является одним из приоритетов Alfred, чтобы у наших клиентов было постоянное чувство защищенности. Для видео в прямом эфире Alfred использует технологию одноранговой сети, так что видеопоток не будет проходить через сервер Alfred. Каждый доступ к нашим внутренним серверам усиливается новейшим стандартом HTTPS наряду с идентификацией учетной записи Google. Это предотвращает прослушивание или попытку взлома, что может подвергать риску безопасность данных.

Русский: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Alfred는 안전한가요?

보안은 언제나 고객이 안심할 수 있도록 Alfred가 가장 우선적인 고려 사항입니다. 실시간 비디오의 경우 Alfred는 P2P 기술을 사용하여 비디오 스트림이 Alfred의 서버를 거치지 않습니다. Alfred의 백엔드 서버로 이루어지는 모든 액세스는 Google 계정 인증과 함께 최신 HTTPS 표준이 적용되어, 데이터 보안을 위태롭게 할 수 있는 감청이나 해킹 시도를 방지합니다.

한국어:자주 묻는 질문