Is Alfred compatible with cameras other than phones?

Is there any other types of cameras that can tie into Alfred? I’d love to be able to have hidden cameras that are not viable. The few people in my home know my phones are cameras with limited range of view… I’d love to be able to cover more of the house with out if being obvious. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @kmfechner,

Thank you for reaching out!

For the moment, Alfred is not compatible with any other devices/security systems. We might dip our toes in hardware somewhere down the line, I just can’t promise you when yet!

It’s actually really easy to disguise Alfred. If you need inspiration, check this out:

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

I would really like for this to happen as well

Hi @shalynn1384,

Welcome to Alfred Center!

Alfred is an app that transforms smartphones/tablets into cameras. For the moment, it is not compatible with any existing ip cams/webcams/security systems on the market.

The great news is Alfred’s iOS and Android versions are 100% compatible, and you can add as many Cameras as you want!

We also have some tips for scoring new Camera devices for cheap here:

Hope it helps!

@shalynn1384 there are alternatives to Alfred on your PC laptop try
PC or Laptop (Windows) USB cam as a security camera
Or to run Alfred on your PC laptop just try,
Android on your laptop/PC.
Regards.

1 Like

If Alfred produced their own Compatible Cameras, I would purchase several of them. One very huge draw back with using old phones (Android and Apple), is that there is no way to restart them remotely, when they freeze and need to be restarted.

1 Like

It’s not going to happen. Alfred is happy just taking money for this App that requires no production facility and cost of delivery is a big fat ZERO. Why would they give themselves any other issues besides they would be squashed like the proverbial bug. Whilst there are users willing to pay subs for a product that sometimes works that used to have some kind of support and users that judging by some posts I’m surprised they managed to turn their devices on they will just keep taking your coin.