Improving clarity of image and being able to move camera

Hi all

Couple of questions - I’ve been using the free version of Alfred for a couple of years now, and in general it works really well. There’s a couple of things that I think would improve it, so it’s worth asking:

1. I use 1st gen Moto G’s and the image is really quite unclear. Is it realistically going to get better if I use another phone, or is the general level of resolution just quite low and grainy in free mode?

2. It’d be really helpful if I was able to move the camera. Years ago I had one of those cheap Chinese cameras that you could move in two axis. Does Alfred support anything like that?

Thanks

Hi Conor,

Welcome to Alfred Center!

Alfred’s resolution depends on a variety of factors, including device model, light, and connection speed. Experimenting with the connection as well as setup could yield a more satisfying result.

You can also try Alfred Premium, which offers HD viewing/recording, ad-removal, 30-day Event storage, Motion Detection Schedule, Motion Events up to 120-sec long, as well as Zoom! Find out more about the package as well as watching some comparison videos users shared with us here:

As for moving the Camera, there is no such an option in the Alfred app. You can connect the Camera to Alfred and see if you can get the view of the Camera. Let us know if you find out anything. We would also look into the possibility of switching between multiple rear cameras. In the meantime, we hope that Alfred has been working great for you.

Hope this helps!