If camera goes offline due to wifi, will it still record moments and post them once the camera is online?

recording

It would be really helpful if you’d provide the following information so our engineer colleagues can identify and solve your problem sooner.

Which device has the problem? Viewer or Camera
Device Model Name:
OS Version:
AppVersion:

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

@ryanclarkmccarty. No. Alfred records motion detection to the Alfred servers so needs an internet connection.

I can’t get my viewer BACK on line

@longdeborah971 I am having the same issue with one of my camera devices. You will have to gain physical access to your camera device and restart Alfred or reboot the device. This is why I’m going to just invest in an IP camera since you can pick them up for £15 am guessing the same in dollar. As much as I like Alfred as long as it’s just an add-on there’s going to be issue unless they custom the whole ROM to Alfred and that’s not going to happen. Or build the PC version, might be a bit more stable ! Regards.

Hi @longdeborah971,

Welcome to Alfred Center!

We suggest you wait a while to see if the problem persists or try to connect to a different network (office network, free WiFi…). However, as long as your Camera is connected, it should still be working normally. You can still find the recordings later in your Event Book. We also noticed that your Camera tends to run on battery. Devices running on battery often enable power-saving mode and reduce WiFi reception capacity. To ensure continuous surveillance, we suggest you keep your Camera plugged in.

Let me know if you have further question/feedback!

Hi @pinkylee020,

Thanks for your feedback!

For the PC version of Alfred you mentioned, we will look into the possibility in the future. Please stay tuned and continue to support Alfred!

Wish you the best!

@ricardo what about a striped down Android emulator with Alfred integrated ?