I shared my Gmail password with my parents so that they can see the kids. How do I make sure I still have some control over my privacy?

I shared my Gmail password with my parents so that they can see the kids. How do I make sure I still have some control over my privacy?

First of all, NEVER share your Gmail password with anyone! The problem is once it has been typed in on a certain device, the password might be memorized. Your calendar might be synced, they might have access to your contacts along with all the other account-related information. In short, not a good idea!

instead, please build a Trust Circle. They will get to watch live feed as well as getting Motion Detection notifications, but your account information stays safe.

Second of all, the Camera’s audio can only be switched on/off from the Camera end. If you don’t want your conversations to be overheard, simply switch the audio off.

Last but not least, you can always dismiss Alfred or turn your Camera Phone off temporarily! Tell your parents it is a good idea to let the device take a break occasionally so the battery will stay alive and kicking for longer. That sounds legit, right?

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Circle of Trust
7 Ways to Protect Your Home When You Are Away