I have problems with Alfred's WebViewer. What should I do?

faq

If you work behind a screen all day, you would really appreciate Alfred’s WebViewer. If it doesn’t seem to work however, here are some things you can try.

First thing first

1. Make sure you are using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (version 11.0 and above).
  2. Make sure you have enabled third-party cookies.
  3. Make sure your browser is updated. However, if you are running a beta or development version and you can’t seem to make the WebViewer work, please try the latest official version instead.
  4. Make sure H.264 is enabled on your browser. It should be enabled by default for all browsers.

If you can’t log in to the WebViewer

1. Go to Google, log out of all of your accounts, and then open the WebViewer to try again.
  2. Open the WebViewer in incognito mode.
  3. Try a different browser, preferably one with no plug-in or extension installed. This is a common reason that could cause login issues.

If you see a black screen

1. Sometimes the video transmission is blocked by the firewall in your environment. Try connecting your PC/Mac to a different network to see if the problem persists.
  2. If you need to wait a while for the live feed to come through, disabling hardware decoding acceleration may help.
  3. Sometimes a browser update could cause issues with the WebViewer. If the WebViewer worked before but not anymore, try to revert to the old version or use another browser to see if it works. Don’t forget to let us know so we can fix it.

If you have Tech Issue, please report it here. We’ll contact you via E-mail as soon as possible.

Need further assistance? Go back to the list of frequently asked questions, check out the tips, start a new thread, or email us at support@my-alfred.com!

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Cant view on pc
Failed to connect camera
Pc fails to connect to cameras
Zoom for the camera
Camera feed on MacBook Pro
Web viewer
Cannot access live cam from my laptop web viewer
Web viewer currently not working on pc
Cannot view camera from computer - Device is offline (5016)
I bought Alfred Premium Version so I could watch my iPhone on my computer, but apparently that failed
Porque nao consigo acessar atraves do pc pelo chrome?
Why i cant view the live stream using my office computer?
Unable to upload the web-view~ Something wrong? when will be remended?
Windows webview works about 10% of the time
Continuous freeze on pc
Web Viewer Stopped Working
Issue with web viewer
Both phones say I can view the transmitting camera on my computer. I haven't had any luck with that
Not connecting on my pc win10
Warning: the connection has stopped do you want to reconnect
Web Viewer - Streaming Black Video
Mein Webviewer kann sich nicht mit der Kamera verbinden
Web viewer not responding although camera is identified
Why are most of the problems with the web veiwer
Computer promblems
Webapp in Safari only gives black picture
Problema con la visualizacion de camara en la pag wed Alfred
WebViewer does not work
Web viewer doesn't work
No logro visualizar las cámaras en mi pc