If you work behind a screen all day, you would really appreciate Alfred’s WebViewer. If it doesn’t seem to work however, here are some things you can try.
First thing first
- Make sure you are using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (version 11.0 and above).
- Make sure you have enabled third-party cookies.
- Make sure your browser is updated. However, if you are running a beta or development version and you can’t seem to make the WebViewer work, please try the latest official version instead.
- Make sure H.264 is enabled on your browser. It should be enabled by default for all browsers.
If you can’t log in to the WebViewer
- Go to Google, log out of all of your accounts, and then open the WebViewer to try again.
- Open the WebViewer in incognito mode.
- Try a different browser, preferably one with no plug-in or extension installed. This is a common reason that could cause login issues.
If you see a black screen
- Sometimes the video transmission is blocked by the firewall in your environment. Try connecting your PC/Mac to a different network to see if the problem persists.
- If you need to wait a while for the live feed to come through, disabling hardware decoding acceleration may help.
- Sometimes a browser update could cause issues with the WebViewer. If the WebViewer worked before but not anymore, try to revert to the old version or use another browser to see if it works. Don’t forget to let us know so we can fix it.
If you have Tech Issue, please report it here. We’ll contact you via E-mail as soon as possible.