I can't enable my camera once it's been disabled from another device

Whenever I disable my camera from my Android phone, it’s impossible to later view it on the Web Viewer, even if I try to enable it there. All it does is give me the message “This camera has been disabled from another viewer device”, where after it is then impossible to connect. I can only connect again if I enable the camera on my Android, and then return to Web Viewer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Unless the official staff has a better answer, I’d suggest:

1. Use a remote access app (like TeamViewer, Side Sync, etc.) to remotely enable your device.
  2. If someone takes the time to do so (or if the official staff can advise it), it’s likely possible to push a command through ADB, which can also be setup for wireless communication. An added benefit to this option: it’s possible to write custom .bat scripts for one-click execution (even to multiple devices) once the legwork has been done.

Hi Stefan,

If you try to tap on a disabled Camera on the WebViewer, you would actually see a black bar on the bottom showing:

Click “confirm” and your Camera should be brought back online!

Hi Ricardo,

That’s what I do. However, within seconds it gives me the message again that the device has been disabled from another viewer.

Cheers

Hey Stefan,

Could you please take a screenshot of what you see? Thanks!

I have the same problem. What is the solution?

Hi, do you encounter this problem on the WebViewer? Could you tell us a bit more about what happened so that we can look into it for you?

Hi Ricardo,
This is happening to me too. Here are some screenshots from my camera. I’m only viewing from Firefox running on a mac laptop.

The camera is an older ipad-2 running ios 8.70

I click “enable” and within a few seconds it goes back to disabled.

04%20AM 09%20AM 18%20AM 30%20AM 33%20AM 47%20AM

Hi Mike,

It seems that Alfred running on your iPad is a bit outdated! Please go to our App Store page and update Alfred to the latest version.

The issue should be fixed afterward. Let us know if you find out anything.