When things go wrong, sometimes it is easier to start with a clean slate. Here are some of the steps you can take to give your Alfred a fresh start.
Please tap on the menu, choose Account, then confirm you want to log out. You will be led back to the login page.
2. Clear Cache
Go to Settings – Apps – Alfred – Storage (for devices running Android 6.0 and up). Clear cache and try again.
3. Clear Data
Go to Settings – Apps – Alfred – Storage (for devices running Android 6.0 and up). Clear data and try again. This process is similar to reinstallation.
4. Remove Alfred as a Connected App through Google
Sometimes the issue is caused by a disconnection between Alfred and Google. To solve that, please:
- Remove the access of Alfred from Google: https://myaccount.google.com/permissions
- Go to Alfred and tap on your account to sign out (If you get stuck on the home page, please relaunch the app again)
- Sign in Alfred again with the Gmail account
- Make sure you see this page before you sign in and tap on “Allow”
The issue should be fixed afterward. Please note that this is best carried out on Android devices or PC browser, as iOS devices do not save the settings.
5. Factory Reset
In some rare instances, other apps could interfere with Alfred’s operation. Performing a factory reset could be an option when all else fails.