How can I use Alfred on my desktop pc /web cam?

It would be really helpful if you’d provide the following information so our engineer colleagues can identify and solve your problem sooner.

Which device has the problem? Viewer or Camera
Device Model Name:
OS Version:
AppVersion:

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Hi @nikethridge01 ,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

For the moment, you can only turn smartphones/tablets into Camera devices and monitor from Alfred’s WebViewer. You can’t use PC webcam as Camera yet.

This is something we might develop in the future. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned!

1 Like

Develop it and keep it free / using adds for revenue, as soon as you start charging we will have to use a new service.

@nikethridge01
@jwingate150

1 Like

Well i will continue to use the iSpy app company until alfred is smart enough to make a desktop application

1 Like

Could you please give me a brief review of the App you are referring to and the pros and cons compared to Alfred. Also is it subscription based with secure cloud storage ?
Regards

Is your question directed at @Lecram? If so:

Please note, the two software applications listed here are both Android emulators. Essentially, they allow you to run virtual machines – or “device instances” – with Android OS on another platform (e.g., on a PC). The instances take up hardware resources to run smoothly, so just beware how much CPU & RAM you have allocated to each VM. Here’s a screenshot of me running 3 instances on MEmu, a different emulator I personally prefer:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au6FcD8kvdA9j1gjbwHQL5-M0tV2

FYI: I allocate 2 CPU cores & 2,000MB RAM to each instance (on an i7 Coffee Lake w/ 32GB DDR4-3200-8GB*4).

Now, what does this have to do with Alfred? Most of the modern Android emulators available have camera functionalities, and are mostly interoperable with USB cameras, webcams, etc (although it may require some more advanced setup). Once the device(s) have been connected and paired to the VM’s, they essentially become “Android smartphones with cameras” as far as the handshake with Alfred is concerned. From there, you should be able to download the Alfred app or install .apk via adb install / push, and add the VM’s as cameras. The added benefit of the emulators would be more control, command line accessibility (via cmd adb or custom) which also means .bat scripts can be used, etc.

@harrisonchu88 Thanks for the in-depth review but my question was to @theanonymouscowboy
But I do agree with you that’s why I don’t use emulators because you still have to run Redmond.
I prefer Android-x86 can be a bit fiddly to get going but at least there’s no cross contamination.
Regards.