[Home Security Tips] Police and Burglars Agree: Home Security Systems Are Your Best Defense

Home Security Systems Are Your Best Defense

Image Source

According to statistics, one out of 10 homes gets burglarized each year. If this isn’t shocking enough already, you’d be even more surprised to know that most burglars need less than 60 seconds to break into a home.

Protecting yourself from home burglary is a lesson we all have to learn, and research indicates that a home security system is the best place to start. Do you have to spend a lot of money or bust out all your tools to get this done? The answer is no: there is an app named Alfred for that (Android or iOS)!

Image Source

Alfred (Android or iOS) transforms unused smartphones into home security cameras, and it is so easy to set up. Simply download Alfred to the devices, log in with the same Gmail, and set the devices as Viewer or Camera accordingly. You’re all set! Alfred’s Motion Detection feature records video clips and sends your phone push notifications as soon as movement is detected. You can also add friends or family to the Trust Circle so that they can help keep an eye on your property as well!

Image Source

Besides installing a DIY home security system, here are 7 other steps you can take to ensure the burglars stay away from you:

*Close and lock all your windows and doors. This might seem basic, but many think they can get away without doing it especially in summer.

*If your keys are lost or stolen, it is time to change the locks.

*Keep your garbage and recycling out of sight, especially if you have recently purchased any gadgets or electronic appliances.

*Install motion-detector lights in the garden/hallway.

*A simple sign that your house is under video surveillance is a good deterrent.

*Do not publish holiday photos immediately on social media.

*Some local police offer home security assessment. Ask the policemen in your area whether they do that!

Now that you are armed with the home security tips as well as the best home security app, Alfred. Go make your home a safe one!

Image Source

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

2 Likes

Word!!! And do not forget Alfred Always Agrees ! Wait! Not so fast, as I also agree, but Alfred is the top “watchdog” Intelligence therefore I vote AAA to now be known as Alfred Alerts Always.

1 Like

Whoaaa thank you SO much for the enthusiasm and support, @bignutjack!

Do you also use Alfred as your pet cam/baby cam or just for home security?

1 Like

Much appreciated / Almost as fast as Alfred with your response time there :wink:

Yes I use Alfred for Home security , Kid/baby cam monitoring, and ( peace of mind ) which is priceless in my eyes, thank-you !

2 Likes

Oh wow, it sounds like you have got everything under control!

If you are willing to share, we’d LOVE to see some funny clips as well as photos of your setups!

1 Like

Thank you for the tips! I also use this securinghome system. I find it one of the most convenient by far. I haven’t used all the options yet, though.